News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got my new wheels today!, pic´s

Started by NorwayCharger, March 15, 2006, 04:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorwayCharger

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on April 04, 2006, 10:05:04 AM
I would like to ask why you went with 18's out back and 17's up front, Is it just for the stance? (A little ass up rake?)  28" height for 295/45 and 26" height for 245/45 right? I see more and more people going and inch bigger in the rear and wonder if it is just for the stance. Rule of thumb says same diameter all around for best handling unless your not concerned so much with that as looks and straight line performance. I have been undecided between the Boyd JYD's and the Torq Thrust 2's (Newstalgia of course). I like the fact that the T2's come in 11" wide rim with 5.5" backspacing but after seeing your car and wheels mounted I may go with the JYD's. Too bad the JYD's don't come in an 11" with 5.5" backspace so you could fit even wider rubber out back. Your leaf spring clearance of 2" is the same as my 70. You should be able to go with an 11" and still have clearance. Unless you really start pulling some G's and the flex of the sidewall comes into play. Anyway. Great looking car and can't wait to see it all finished.  ;)

For me it was the stance and the fact that i think the charger need some rubber in the back, and i have a manual rack/pinion steering.
You have right about the 11" in the rear, but i think it is enough with 10".

Thanks for the kind words ;D
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Mopar2Ya

Norway, silly Question: Where is the hump you straightened for tire clearence? Front or rear? Any pics of the hump mod? Any pics of clearence up front? Newstalgia said they would gaurantee fitment of any wheel wider than 7" in front & 9" in rear. Did you have this experience? If not, who was your sales rep? Thanks.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

SuBLimE 69

Norway Charger,

I have almost the exact same wheel size set up on my car:

18x10 with 50" backspace in the rear 275/35/18 junk tires
17x8 with 4,5" bakcspace in the front with 245/45/17 Mich. Pilots

I was about to mount some drag radials on the back but was looking at the 305/45/18.  Do you think they will fit if I shave that hump off ?  Or would you just run a 295 ?  figured I'd ask since you have basicly the same set up. 

Thanks, Doug

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

NorwayCharger

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on April 05, 2006, 07:55:38 AM
Norway Charger,

I have almost the exact same wheel size set up on my car:

18x10 with 50" backspace in the rear 275/35/18 junk tires
17x8 with 4,5" bakcspace in the front with 245/45/17 Mich. Pilots

I was about to mount some drag radials on the back but was looking at the 305/45/18.  Do you think they will fit if I shave that hump off ?  Or would you just run a 295 ?  figured I'd ask since you have basicly the same set up. 

Thanks, Doug

Hi.
I don´t have good pic´s of the hump, but i have this two
The reason for "bumping the hump" is that i have my car lowered 3" and i don´t want it to rub.
Distance from fender lipp and up to the hump is 2"- 3".
You have 1/2" more backspace on the rear, i think you´ll be fine.
I have 1/2 clearance from the tire to the fender lipp.
AKA the drummer boy

4402tuff4u

Hey NorwayCharger, I see from your photo above that you installed rail connectors. Did you ever figure out how you are going to run the brake lines and fuel lines around the connectors? Are you going to follow the "stock/factory" path or are you just re-routing the lines to fit the best. Sorry that it's a bit out of subject, but just curious. Thanks, Mike. :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

NorwayCharger

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on April 05, 2006, 12:12:07 PM
Hey NorwayCharger, I see from your photo above that you installed rail connectors. Did you ever figure out how you are going to run the brake lines and fuel lines around the connectors? Are you going to follow the "stock/factory" path or are you just re-routing the lines to fit the best. Sorry that it's a bit out of subject, but just curious. Thanks, Mike. :icon_smile_big:

I am going to follow the factory route +some drilling, no big problem i think :o
I may be using the torsion bar hole, since i have the AtlerKtion frontend.
AKA the drummer boy

4402tuff4u

The reason I asked is because I took the new brake and fuel stainless steel lines out of the box and saw all these bends on them. I'm going to have to fit them around the rail connectors that only give me approx. 1" of space between the rail and the floor pan. Your connectors appear to touch the floor pans, right? It should be interesting. I'm going to get into this work in the next few weeks. We'll see how it goes. :ahum:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

SuBLimE 69

Thanks,   I'd love to see more pics as she comes along !  Please keep us updated.  When I get Pics of the 305 in the rear I'll post'em up and send you a PM !

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Aussiemadonmopars

I did the wheelhouse hump mod on mine. Here's a pic. I had to do some homework to make sure the quarter window winder still worked.

TripleBlackGator

My 70 is original and I don't want to modify the rear wheelwell. The 295/18 is a 28.5" tall tire. I know the hump your talking about and was wondering if it's the height of the 295 that would come close to the hump and not it's width with a 4.5 back space wheel. I was thinking of going with P285/40 ZR17  in the rear along with the same tire up front that you are using but I'm concerned with the sidewall difference between front and rear. I know your car is lowered and the reason for the hump removal. I guess my question is can I use the 295/18 w/o hump removal and a 4.5" backspaced wheel? Do I really need a 5" backspace? I don't want the rear tires to look more narrow than the front.  ???  ???  ???
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Ryan

Damn that looks killer. I usually never cared for big rim mopars, but that looks good. I think its because unlike moast people you chose a tire that has lots of side wall. Sports cars should have small sidewalls, muscle cars need sidewall to look good and you did a good job on that.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Aussiemadonmopars

I did a test fit after I got the wheel arch in. I got a 29.5 x 12.5 on a 15 inch wheel and it fit snug, could probably go taller too and wider but thats what I had on hand at the time.