News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger in storage for 18 months+ but it's with some other cool cars...picts

Started by AKcharger, March 15, 2006, 11:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

My Charger has entered a deep sleep for the next 18 months as I go to Korea. I was thinking about just finding someone on the board to keep it and drive it around for  a year and a half but thought "Nah...no one would want to be bothered" So it's in an old Packard dealership in PA until Summer of 2007 at the soonest, I might take  it to Carlisle if I can get back on leave. Anyway it has some friends a 69 GTX, A '49 Chrysler traveler and a '69 Fire bird convertable to name a few some VERY nice cars in there

AKcharger

A Nash (never saw one before) Studabaker and the old parts counter

TeeWJay426

Cool company! I also suspect you didn't try to hard to find a 'sitter' for your Charger while you were overseas.... I suspect there would have been many volunteers! ;)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Charger_Fan

Looks like a good spot to leave it. Is that someone's collection?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Todd Wilson

hemi68charger

Hey there SMSgt AK.... Going to Kusan?  Will this be your finally or first remote?

Good luck and keep warm, hear it gets pretty cold in Korea...........

TSgt. hemi68charger   ;D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

AKcharger

- This is second trip to the Kun, 1st was 86-87 I'll be there on April 3rd, should be geting nice then
- Charger fan it's an old Packard dealership turned storage place...nice people
- Todd...Now you tell me!

Iceyone

Hey I thought you were retired by now? I've got two weeks left until I'm a civilian again.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

HDCharger

3 weeks and I'm a civilian again too.  RETIRED!!!  Nice looking cars, drink a little soju and OB for me.  MSG Scott (Dave)
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

BigBlockSam

i hope you did all the correct storage stuff . or is someone gonna run it for you. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

AKcharger

Yup, they start it twice a month and move it back and forth in the spot and tend to the Battery. They also offer monthly drives but I'm happy with it being started, I also put some "Stabliize" in the fuel to avoid any grief there

- I was going to retire but "I'm too scared of the outside world"... really I'm still having fun, as soon as it stops being fun I'll punch out

Iceyone

Well have fun over there in Korea then. BTW I did finally find a place who claims they have a burnt orange headliner, 200 bucks though.
The place is called Original Auto Interiors.

Good luck on your retirement too there Dave Scott.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

4cruzin

Stay safe and remember that beautiful car you have waiting for you at home!!  Keep in touch!!  :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

BigBlockSam

that sounds like a cool place to store a car, good luck over there
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Afflyer

Hey AK!

I'm "livin large" right here in Bagram, Afghanistan.  I've never been to Kunsan, but from what I've heard- I'd rather be right here in "Hell's Half Acre" north of Kabul.  Call me craaaazy.

My Charger might need a kickstart when I get back, or at the very least a dozen steps of the gas pedal as I try to get her started- she's been sitting under her cover since early January.  Good to see you've found a safe and secure home for your baby.  Just keep your fingers crossed that nothing happens to that storage facility- I've heard too many horror stories of places like that going up in flames, along with everything inside.

Keep us up-to-date on the happenings over there in Korea.  Lots of luck to your wife.  Whathehell will she be doing while your over there- working on her Charger?!

Take care AK-

TSgt Afflyer
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

AKcharger

Thanks for reminding me about the Fire threat...I've been doing my best to repress that thought. Actually, now that you BRING UP the FIRE STUFF I may have it reappraised. It was $25,800 back in 2004 I think Prices have went up since then. I sent troops to Bagrum but never went myself...looks like an Icky place. Be careful of land mines!
Susan will likely just beat up her car. Next week I'm R2ing the leaf spring, Steering box and having the $450 exhaust tips installed then it's done, Heres they're last picture together  :'(

AKcharger

You know my car is STILL there, 2 weeks from it's 8th year, holy smokes! I guess I gotta go get it one of these days and bring it home.  :shruggy:

At least I've been down to visit it a few times and it has a new friend, a '69 Hemi GTX

JB400

If it was me, I'd think I'd take some vacation time and go for one long cruise :drive: :drive: :vert:

TruckDriver

Wow Bill, I could never be away from my car that long. I'd go insane :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TUFCAT

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Todd Wilson

Last time you had it out was for the Charger Fever show in Kansas!    :icon_smile_big:

Todd

AKcharger

Your right Todd! I drove it up to PA a put it in storage a few months after that show (still have my "long distance plaque  :2thumbs:

A 2 week road trip to Alaska would be uber cool  :coolgleamA: But until them I have to settle to annual visits and taking it to Carlise, I've taken it to 4 shows since I've put it in storage, the place is only an hour from the fair grounds

Patronus

UNCSF-JSA 91-92, and I don't miss a thing about Korea...except
maybe yaki mandu..and maybe the rockets, and c-4, and my M-60
:D
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE