News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

duplicolor

Started by Bobs69, May 21, 2014, 05:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

has anyone ever used paint brand called Duplicolor?  I wanna spread on lawn mower deck, I realize that the lawn mower and not a car but I don't want you wasting my time and I wanna know if the stuff is any guide if it's tougher not they even have a clear coat option for it.  no mixing up paint just poured in the gun and spray it.

jaak

It's pre-thinned lacquer. I actually painted a door with it on a beater I had a few years ago. The truck was black, so  I bought a qt. of black. I had the truck another 2-3 years after I painted it, held up pretty decent. I wouldn't want to paint a show car or nothing with it, but a beater or in your case a mower, it would work. Last I checked it was about 25 bucks a quart (pre thinned), for what your wanting it for, I myself would get a quart of rustoleum, thin it down with acetone, and use it. Just another option to think about.

Jason

Bobs69

Ahhhh crap.  Okay, I respect your experience....................... I'm looking for a burnt orange.  It's for a Simplicity Mower.  Would be nice if it matched close.  Think my neighbor told me I could get that stuff coloured.   I think the rustoleum is at the hardware store.

Thing is, the Duplicolor has a clear coat as well.  I was thinking I could spray it on to help strengthen it, and what the heck, might as well have some pride and it may be fun!