News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starting question

Started by keith88, May 21, 2014, 05:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

Hi Been working on my charger that i bought and i have an issue when starting it sometimes when i turn it over i will get nothing or a click than if i turn it back to off possession and try again it turns over and starts. I have replaced the relay the neutral safety switch the ignition switch along with the lock cylinder, checked the ignition switch pig tail found nothing big there how ever looks like the plastic did get soft around the batt power terminal at one time. Don't know if it matters if it fits tightly in the dash because it don't..(Have a nut tool to tighten it on the way.) I have checked the wiring around it see nothing that looks like it would cause a problem. Any suggestions or has this happened to anyone else and what was it , kinda of skiddish to drive it in case it don't start up one day.

Thank you
Keith
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

keith88

I forgot to mention that it has a new starter and battery as well.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.