News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Have a question about an oil pressure sending unit fitting

Started by Dan 70, May 20, 2014, 07:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan 70

Hi Guys,
I have a 1969 Dodge Charger 383 CID. I removed the oil pressure sending unit the other day, and there was a fitting that was removed along with it. The fitting is a Brass straight  1/8-27 male thread to 1/8-27 female thread, with a 1/2 hex head. My question is, is this original? I have a '69 440 that has the sending unit screwed directly into the block. The Charger has a build date of 12-6-68 if that makes any difference. I am just trying to satisfy a curiosity. Any help would be appreciated.
                                                                                                                                    Thanks,
                                                                                                                                       Dan

A383Wing

extra fitting was probably added to aid in installing new sender...they are almost too short to get a wrench on back there

Dan 70

A383Wing, thanks for the reply. I wondered about the adapter, as I could not find any info on the web about it. I knew I came to the right place. This forum is a wealth of knowledge.
                                                                                                            Dan