News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock Streetmaster 318 on 360 or 318 74 Charger help needed

Started by DubCLos, May 19, 2014, 03:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DubCLos

Hi guys,

New to the forum and I have some questions.  I have an 1974 Charger SE, I was told it has a 360 in it but they were not sure.  I'm trying to order some parts that he said might need to be replaced but I want to make sure it is for the correct engine.  I had my brother look around for the stamp but I'm pretty sure you can't see it with out taking some stuff out. Fist pic is of the manifold   and I will post some more.  Any help would be great!

Thanks

DubCLos

More pics of the engine

DubCLos

another pic... he also said it was a 2 bbl

Cooter

Engine size should be on one side of engine underneath. Something like "34626-318", or 346543-360"
Or the like.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

DubCLos

Thanks!  Any advise on the Streetmaster 318, I've read a lot of articles and most of them not so good? Get a new one or keep it?

Cooter

Don't know much bout that one. I mess with Big Blocks mainly, but appears to be a single plane intake.
kind of a higher rpm set up for a warmed over 318.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Rolling_Thunder

The Streetmaster 318 is a single plane intake manifold discontinued by Edelbrock a while ago. They have a small plenum area (if you remove the carb you see the opening is choked way down to a smaller entrance) - the 318 designates it is for a 318 engine. The difference between the 318 and the '340-360' manifolds is the runner size - the ports are smaller to fit the significantly smaller 273/318 cylinder heads. The 340-360 intakes had larger ports and runners to allow more air flow and are basically port matched according to size from Edelbrock.

Overall - is it a decent intake for a 318 with a set of headers, carb, and small cam. You probably wouldnt gain too much from swapping to a 340-360 intake because of the loss of intake velocity due to the larger runners and the mismatch of the intake / head ports
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

DubCLos

Thanks for the help and the advise.  I'm hopefully picking it up this weekend and can get started on it.