News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1974 Charger 360 Radiator Fan

Started by tfdub, May 18, 2014, 11:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfdub

My 74 Charger has a 360 4bbl, non A/C, auto setup. It currently has a flex fan and spacer with a radiator shroud and 2 row radiator. I'm going for a stock setup. I have in my spare parts a 7 blade, 20" fan with viscous clutch. Part number on the fan is 3462186. Is this the stock setup. Thanks for any information.
Terry

ODZKing

Terry, looks like several different combinations in 74.
You could get an 18 inch 7 blade - 2863224 which I would say is possible w/o A/C.
Or 20 inch 3462186 as you mentioned.
Or an aluminum (as listed) 3462149.
If you are looking for what came on the car, 3rd row of your build sheet under "fan" will have the last 2 numbers of the part number.
I have the "aluminum" on my 73 (49) and it looks like the others honestly. Not flex is what I'm saying.

tfdub

Thank you for the information. I looked at the build sheet and it has a 49 in the fan block. In the next block, "Fan Spa", it has the number 14. Any idea what that number is for?
Terry

tfdub

Looking at the fan spacer, it has a KCP as a manufacturer. It has a casting mark with 74 in the middle, and a part number of 2120130. An after market part possibly?
Thanks.
Terry

tfdub

I just looked and the fan has a part number of 3462190. Probably a later add on.
Terry

ODZKing

That is not a spacer, that is your (as the parts book calls it) Fan Fluid or Thermal Drive ... in other words the fan clutch.
3769614 is the part number.

ODZKing

Here is what 3462149 looks like from my car

tfdub

Here's the 2 fans I have. The red one is the 3462186 fan with clutch. I don't remember where I got it. My son painted it red. The black one is the 3462190 fan with aluminum spacer by KCP ( a casting foundry Chrysler used)and has the number 2120130. It looks like either will work and were available in 1974, just not correct for the car. This car had A/C added on by the dealer but I've removed it. I'll need to look for the fan like you have . Your picture helps a lot. I appreciate the information.Thanks.
Terry