News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 charger trying to get running wiring

Started by sgt72charger, May 13, 2014, 08:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgt72charger

well I am in the middle of plumbing my 72 charger.
i have bought this http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/moigsprbbl2.html

Now i want to run a basic race type push button type ignition but i am not sure how to hook everything up ?
like what goes where?  i know its a pretty simple set up but how can i get this car running with out wiring to my oem ignition switch ?
ive searched around but still seem pretty confused.

Please keep in mind i built every thing from scratch i.e. pieced everything together. so im had nothing to go off of.

any help is greatly appreciated.
Sgt Burgos K.J.  USMC
/Oo ___A___ oO\
|=_/________\=|

Pete in NH

Hi,

As part of the Orange Box conversion kit you should have received a copy of an instruction booklet, marked "Instruction Sheet DCF-194CC". Page 13 in this booklet has a diagram of what you want to do. If you didn't get a copy of that booklet, I'll scan page 13 for you.

sgt72charger

could you that would help not sure if i have that in my box of parts
Sgt Burgos K.J.  USMC
/Oo ___A___ oO\
|=_/________\=|

Pete in NH

If your car still has the stock wiring in it, the easiest thing to do would be to wire the conversion kit in using that wiring. How much of the original wiring is in your car?