News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

F&P Performance makes SRT10 FLY!

Started by Cooter, May 01, 2014, 11:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

http://s187.photobucket.com/user/chaney_032/media/20140429_085314.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Took this thing round the block after mods and while it ain't my cup of tea, it was a beast. Around 750 HP....
blown, exhausted, and tuned.
Gotta love rich people. Let this thing set with rats knawing on wiring. Had to repair Injector harness and install updated ECM.
2006, with 4900 miles.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BB14404SPD

My 6000lb brick of a 2005 Ram SRT-10 with ECU, exhaust, k&n filter and throttle body puts down 475hp to the wheels.  That is the most I would go with a 3rd gen viper motor and not have forged internals.

Ghoste

Thats not a small load to move, what would the Viper weigh- 3000?

Cooter

I would hope @$83.995, this thing woulda had forged internals.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BB14404SPD

Curb weight is  3,460lbs. I doubt it has forged pistons, owner would say it. Gen 3 vipers have terrible pistons and crack and the result is a windowed block. it is the weakest link. You just can't boost these engines that much.

Ghoste

Do all those Hennesy ones get upgraded internals or are they just bombs looking for a place?

Cooter

Really. Looks like F&P (me) will be upgrading a V10. Whadda pos. $85k and that's the best Mopar has?

SRT-440

My '12 SRT8 392 Challenger just put down 410rwhp last weekend...just has a cat back and CAI...not bad for a tank..lol.

Btw, the new SRT8 Hellcat will be the best mopar has...680hp Supercharged Hemi.

If big power is wanted..I wouldn't go with a Viper motor...Mr. Norm Hemi's will lay down 1000hp.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

BB14404SPD

Quote from: Ghoste on May 02, 2014, 05:36:15 AM
Do all those Hennesy ones get upgraded internals or are they just bombs looking for a place?

Google Hennessy and viper and you will be surprised. He has moved from manufacturer to manufacture leaving a waste of vehicles in his path. He is a joke. I have seen some of his so call work in the viper world.

Ghoste

Pretty bad huh?  I have to say that in spite of all the vehicles I've driven I have not laid eyes on a Hennesy anything yet.  (other than magazine stuff)

BB14404SPD

Google viper truck club of America or viper club of America, join and search Hennessy.  :popcrn: