News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 10, 2017, 03:03:36 PM
Do I see a ding near the rear wheel opening?

Yes, there's a few dings I have yet to work out. After I get all the panel gaps set I'll start on the body work.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Had to do a little metal work on the passenger door before I could hang it.
Thanks
Pat

Dans 68

Hah! I could still make out the weld repair outline on your door - you're slipping! 

Just kidding.  ;)  Your thread probably has been bookmarked the most of any on this site. Awesome thread and work.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Lennard

keepat

Quote from: Dans 68 on March 11, 2017, 06:32:39 PM
Hah! I could still make out the weld repair outline on your door - you're slipping! 

Just kidding.  ;)  Your thread probably has been bookmarked the most of any on this site. Awesome thread and work.  :2thumbs:

Dan

Every day after 50 I seem to slip a little faster, that's what my wife keeps telling me ;-)

Thank you!

Quote from: Lennard on March 11, 2017, 07:24:43 PM
Metal magician :2thumbs:

My wife thinks I'm a magician also, she says I'm always disappearing :-)
Thanks
Pat

Kern Dog

Quote from: keepat on March 10, 2017, 07:15:29 PM

Yes, there's a few dings I have yet to work out. After I get all the panel gaps set I'll start on the body work.
Thanks
Pat

I really did not write that to be critical ! I have not been a frequent follower of this thread....I saw primer and thought you were close to paint! I am one that hates to see people be critical of another persons work. I just had the fleeting thought that maybe you missed it. Sorry if it came across as insulting.   :cheers:

keepat

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 12, 2017, 02:45:30 AM
Quote from: keepat on March 10, 2017, 07:15:29 PM

Thanks
Pat

I really did not write that to be critical ! I have not been a frequent follower of this thread....I saw primer and thought you were close to paint! I am one that hates to see people be critical of another persons work. I just had the fleeting thought that maybe you missed it. Sorry if it came across as insulting.   :cheers:

No need to apologize. I took it as a simple observation, thanks for taking the time to mention it.
Pat

keepat

The subject of small dings and dents was brought up, so I thought I would post a few pictures of how an old body man showed me an easy technique to work them out if you have access to the other side. Using a spring-loaded center punch with a filed down blunt end.

Start with locating and marking the dent from the backside. Then unscrew the spring-loaded center punch a few turns as to lessen the blow for the first try. It may take two or three strikes to get the panel flush, along with changing the tension on the spring loaded center punch. You may need to move the impact point a 16th of an inch in either direction to work the dent out.

Thanks
Pat

Dino

Yep good trick.   :yesnod:
I've used it many times in the past. Those can also be pushed out with a blunt metal or wood rod and sometimes you can "rub" them out from the back. Essentially you want to keep the hammer away from those if you can.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

keepat

With the right side fender hung she is starting to look like a charger again :-)
Thanks
Pat

INTMD8

I like that center punch trick.  Nice work!
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Kern Dog

In that last picture it looks like nothing is visible in the rear wheel opening. No frame rail, no trunk floor.  It is probably the camera angle.

Dino

It's masked with white paper and yellow tape, but it's hard to see at first glance.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ryan

can't wait for this one to be finished!
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Kern Dog

Quote from: Dino on March 15, 2017, 05:04:28 PM
It's masked with white paper and yellow tape, but it's hard to see at first glance.

I see it now.   :2thumbs:

mike69440

Quote from: Dino on March 12, 2017, 11:16:24 AM
I've used it many times in the past. Those can also be pushed out with a blunt metal or wood rod and sometimes you can "rub" them out from the back. Essentially you want to keep the hammer away from those if you can.   :2thumbs:

Are you going to try pushing out that tiny ding still in door or skim and paint?

Looks great!

timmycharger

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on March 16, 2017, 12:23:49 PM
Quote from: Dino on March 12, 2017, 11:16:24 AM

Are you going to try pushing out that tiny ding still in door or skim and paint?

Looks great!

Absolutely,  I will work out as many dents as I can physically get to and aluminate as much filler as possible.

Thanks guys!
Pat

keepat

Doors and fenders are closely aligned after a lot of massaging. Just need put the hood on and then I can start on the final gap alignment.
Thanks
Pat

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Charger-Bodie

I'm sure it's already in your plans,but don't forget to have the front valance in place too.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

keepat

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 20, 2017, 06:45:24 AM
I'm sure it's already in your plans,but don't forget to have the front valance in place too.

The factory fit of the front valance is pretty bad, and I will need to spend a lot more time on it even though both my fenders and the front valance are original and undamaged panels.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

After a few small modifications to both front fenders I installed the front valance and the hood. The trunk lid is next and then I'll start fine-tuning all the gaps.
Thanks
Pat

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............