News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Squeaking and creaking that comes and goes in front wheel

Started by Lablitzwing, April 25, 2014, 12:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lablitzwing

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with the from suspension and linkage in my 2008 charger.

If I drive for a while the front driver wheel starts to squeak and groan a lot. Only on minor bumps or road cracks. But if I stop driving overnight it stop (or in the case of the other day turn the steering all they way to one side then the other and it stopped.)

I have seen a number of topics and suggestions on what it could be but I figured I'd ask too. My car still steers fine and aside from being annoying as heck there are no other symptoms.

Any thoughts?

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Hard Charger

Quote from: Lablitzwing on April 25, 2014, 12:48:12 PM
Hello all,

I'm having an issue with the from suspension and linkage in my 2008 charger.

If I drive for a while the front driver wheel starts to squeak and groan a lot. Only on minor bumps or road cracks. But if I stop driving overnight it stop (or in the case of the other day turn the steering all they way to one side then the other and it stopped.)

I have seen a number of topics and suggestions on what it could be but I figured I'd ask too. My car still steers fine and aside from being annoying as heck there are no other symptoms.

Any thoughts?

your description is vague but I have had similar issues with worn wheel bearings and spent brake pads.

Lablitzwing

The brake pads and rotors were just replaced recently so I don't think it would be worn pads.

The most recent time I was driving in a curt for a couple hours. First hour and a half it was fine then I started to notice slight squeaking from the front passenger wheel well. It only occurred on small bumps and not on large. When I stopped the car I tried to press down on the front of the car to see if I can replicate the sound but it was a no go. At a stop light I started shifting and bouncing in the drivers seat and heard it. When I parked the car I turned the wheels all the way so I could look behind but there was nothing loose or that seemed out of place. I tried to drive around the garage but it had stopped then despite squeaking and creaking like mad up to that point.

I don't know how else to describe it.

1973rallye

What you describe sounds like a ball joint issue. Need grease, or if unserviceable-replaced.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

Back N Black

Sounds like top strut bearing, spray a little penetrating oil around the bearing and the noise  should change or stop. :Twocents:

Edit: found a pic, lots of moving parts, i would grease up moving parts.