News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Removing dash assy

Started by runningman, March 12, 2006, 04:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

I am trying to remove my dash assy, I have the windshield out and have all the screws out except for the studs that attach the steering column.  Do you have to remove the entire steering column to get the dash out?  thanks  matt

Mopar2Ya

I just took mine out. Yes, you have to remove the steering column. Don't forget the 2 bolts that are under going into the upper kickpanel area(I left these in, but loose until i got all the wiring/etc disconnected) & there may be a few attachments to the heater/ac setup(mine had some w/ac). If you have ac the cable going to the water valve will have to be removed once u get the dash moving.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

4402tuff4u

On my 68 Charger I did not have to remove the entire steering column. Just remove the two star type nuts that support the teering column, let it drop a few inches and remove the whole dashboard. I recommend you refasten/reinstall the nuts so that the weight of the steering column is not on the firewall.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"