News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nice C500 custom

Started by Stevearino, April 18, 2014, 05:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevearino

For a minute or two I had a notion to ditch the nose/wing on my project and build something like this. Looks like someone beat me to the punch. Thanks internet.http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/b_body/mopp_1202_1969_dodge_charger_500_homebuilt_500/photo_03.html

cdr

for me , i like the car you are building. :2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

Not my personal taste on the interior but a nice car and a good take on the whole modified touring theme.

CornDogsCharger

Cool car but like "Ghoste" said. Not so crazy about the interior. I can see this car being VERY dated and in need of freshening up in about 10 years. I plan to go for a somewhat pro-touring stance on my C500 clone, but not to this extreme.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Stevearino

Never was too crazy about the Coronet grill. If I were to build one I think I would do something custom around a 68 grill. Or better yet just bring the 68 hidden headlight grill a little forward in the opening. Might be a cool variation.  :Twocents: I agree on the interior. A little too colorful for my taste. What is with the column shift. You'd think you would want to bang something like this through the gears as you throw it into some turns.

Ghoste

Thats an interesting idea too, making the 68 Charger grille come flush to the nose.

FJ5WING

That's cool enough but nothing like what youre doing Stevearino!
wingless now, but still around.

Stevearino

Thanks FJ5WING. We will see if I can bring it to a finish as good as some of the many builds I have already seen here.