News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

After market hi-po exhaust manifolds???

Started by dodgey68, April 18, 2014, 03:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgey68

Just asking as I have searched this site and haven't found anything , is there an after market set of headers similar to the hi-po exhaust manifolds and if so were can I purchase some,,, or headers that finish in roughly the same spot,  
Thank you
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

Cooter

They are some "shortly" headers out there. They may/may not dump in same spot as manifolds.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

myk

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on April 18, 2014, 07:14:46 AM
Megaparts has them... :2thumbs:

https://www.megapartsusa.com/

THANK YOU for that link; when the time comes to deal with my exhaust I may go with HP manifolds instead of headers...

PlainfieldCharger

No Problem, it seems their website is down. I see their stuff is on ebay still going. Anyone else having this issue? :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on April 19, 2014, 11:44:17 AM
No Problem, it seems their website is down. I see their stuff is on ebay still going. Anyone else having this issue? :shruggy:

I talked to Roy and Jamie yesterday. They said they are switching servers,because of multiple crashes recently . Should be up again soon.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

twodko

With OEM hi po exhaust manifolds you'll find your car runs a lot cooler in the engine bay
and especially in the cabin.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

myk

Quote from: twodko on April 19, 2014, 12:42:07 PM
With OEM hi po exhaust manifolds you'll find your car runs a lot cooler in the engine bay
and especially in the cabin.

My main concern is to keep a 'DD capable car that will require less tinkering and repairing.  Besides, I don't want to fork over $800 and more for a TTi based system, only to find that there are fitment and spark plug boot/wire/starter burning issues galore.  I've come to the conclusion that if someone wants headers that's the possible game they have to play and I'm not sure I want to...

twodko

I think that's a wise decision Myk. I love the sound of headers and my 69' had them on it when I bought the car.
The OO had the original hi po manifolds and planned to reinstall them at some point. Part of the sales dealio
was to have that done. He had them media blasted, recoated and installed a shiny new TTI OEM exhaust system
to include the SS version of the chrome tips.

myk

Quote from: twodko on April 19, 2014, 05:39:15 PM
I think that's a wise decision Myk. I love the sound of headers and my 69' had them on it when I bought the car.
The OO had the original hi po manifolds and planned to reinstall them at some point. Part of the sales dealio
was to have that done. He had them media blasted, recoated and installed a shiny new TTI OEM exhaust system
to include the SS version of the chrome tips.

Silly as it sounds I've been longing to hear the sound of headers as much any performance gains on my car.  But, practicality may win in the end...

JB400

What's a good price for a set of hi po manifolds?  I got a guy wanting to sell me a set. :popcrn:  Not for sure I want to go that route, but I do like having options.

twodko

No idea, but someone on here does. MoparSal what do you know?

If the price is right I'd buy them just to have them in my stash.

Myk,

If it weren't for the heat concern I'd be hella tempted to run headers myself.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: JB400 on April 19, 2014, 10:50:28 PM
What's a good price for a set of hi po manifolds?  I got a guy wanting to sell me a set. :popcrn:  Not for sure I want to go that route, but I do like having options.
What's the casting numbers on them?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

If you have a 440 or 383 I think you want casting #2843992 & #2806900.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

myk

What's a good price for a set of hi po manifolds?  I got a guy wanting to sell me a set. :popcrn:  Not for sure I want to go that route, but I do like having options.

That Megaparts site that was listed had their 440 manifolds for less than $200 each, unless I was mistaken.  That's a big price difference from the TTi and Doug pieces I'm considering, and with guaranteed fitment as well...

dodgey68

Thank you,, I have the uni steer rack, and I have done some homework on headers and tti are the one that fit?? But as I have drop stubs and lowered a little more, I don't want headers hanging down under the car dragging along the ground, so my thought was either hi-po manifolds or shortie headers that dump in roughly the same spot,,,,
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

PlainfieldCharger

I seen them go for 350 to 450 for a pair at the last swap.

darkside

i have a nice set for sale  in the fs section

myk

Megaparts' site is back up; the manifolds are on there as well...