News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Toyota again...

Started by Telvis, March 11, 2006, 02:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

Well I started back working part time at Toyota last october.  About a month ago they asked me increase my hours from three days a week to five. Tonight they ask me to come full time. It's still a contractor job. I do internal investigations for HR. I had really wanted to enjoy my retirement. It's looking like I won't be free to do what I want for a while. I am such a whore to the dollar. I hate myself sometimes.. :rotz: NOthing like having plenty of money and no time.

RECHRGD

Unless your hurting for the money, I'd back off the time and enjoy yourself.  Life goes by too damn fast.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Blown70

Telvis,

Well you could be out of work and not able to find any?  I guess things could be worse.  I guess I remember too many days from starting my business I will never complain about working too much.

Best of luck

Tom

Telvis

I know I should be thankful to have the work and I am.  I have been pretty fortunate. I have never been unemployed for any real amount of time. I have worked since I was about 10 years old. The last twenty years I have worked at least 60 hours a week. I had a bit of a break last year after I retired but now it seems i'm righ back into it. I am a whore for the money. I want to turn it down but I just can't do it. So for now I guess I am back to running two small businesses and working a full time job.  :icon_smile_sad:  The worst part is I just picked up the fender and trunk lid from my painter. The rest of the car should be done soon. It doesn't look like I am going to have much time to work on the car. :rotz: On a positive note I will probably have some money to do some extra stuff to it...Whenever I have time. :icon_smile_big:

Blown70

I guess too you need to make sure your needs are filled.  Meaning you are getting out of life what you want.  For me well I am a greedy SOB.  I love money.  I have a hard time turning it down.

Tom

Big Sugar

You want a reality check Swing by a cancer hospital ,Childrens Hospital a nursing home or just have a look at the obituaries. If you can afford a break don't be a fool, THIS IS IT !! You DO NOT get a second chance, Enjoy it while you're healthy. Tommorro has come and gone way too many times.

Ron (Burn Rubber it adds years)

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Silver R/T

I work just cause I have bills to pay. I do not have enough $$ to quit though
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

I don't have enough money to quit either. If the Toyota gig was a permanent job it might be okay. I am contractor and have no long term guarrantee. It might be two months or two years. It can end without warning. It's almost  pool season and I will start to get busy with that soon. I can't just quit the pool business. I have to maintain my long term intrests along with the short term. That's really my big complaint. I'm spread a bit thin.  I will survive. Hopefully the Toyota gig will only last a few months and things will get back to normal. In the mean time i'm going to plug away and stash the cash. I'm sure there will come a time when i'm not in demand. One of these days they will realize i'm not worth the money and pay some young guy to do my job. Fortunately I have them fooled for now.  :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

Things like that are always such a double-edged sword...it sucks. I guess overall, it's better to be stockpiling the cash now, versus coming to the end of the road & realizing you're broke. That would be the worst, IMO.
Topics like this once again remind me that I need a different job. I've been a check to check kinda guy for waaaay too long. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)