News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will a Coronet back seat fit in my charger?

Started by troy.70R/T, March 25, 2014, 05:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I am looking to get my 68 Charger going for a Daily driver but the seats are shot. Will the back seats interchange? Also my fronts are bucket with console. If I take the console out will the front seat bolt into place and still allow me to shift? The seats are bench seat out of a 67 Coronet. Thanks

bill440rt

Rear seats from '68 - '70 B-body 2-door cars will interchange across the board. Not sure about 4-doors. Convertibles no.
You can still shift auto on the floor with the console removed. Not sure how it would work with a bench in place of the buckets, though. Thinking you'll have to do some fab work to get that '67 bench seat in a '68.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

A383Wing

bench seat will drop right in...same holes if I remember....the floor pans are the same from 66-70...

Cooter

Seat tracks may have the same holes. Not sure if shifter will clear bench seat.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

A383Wing

Quote from: Cooter on March 26, 2014, 08:21:01 AM

get rid of the "sissy stick", and put a 4-speed in it...problem solved

Cooter

Quote from: A383Wing on March 26, 2014, 11:26:52 AM
Quote from: Cooter on March 26, 2014, 08:21:01 AM

get rid of the "sissy stick", and put a 4-speed in it...problem solved

'Sissy stick'.... :lol:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

troy.70R/T

Well just want to get the Charger running so I can enjoy it while I gather up parts for a resto. I hope to put a six speed in in when I finally get to restore it. I just want to buy the 67 Coronet for a Motor, trans, radiator, drive shaft and misc parts to get the Charger on the road.

squeakfinder

The back seat frame of my my 68 (upper part). Was so badly rusted/worn out I went to Wild Cat auto wrecking in Sandy, Oregon looking for something. We tried to put 4 door sedan back seat backs  in a coupe and it wouldn't work. The upper back seat frame in my car came out of a 69 two door Satellite.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

ACUDANUT

Quote from: troy.70R/T on March 29, 2014, 08:33:13 PM
Well just want to get the Charger running so I can enjoy it while I gather up parts for a resto. I hope to put a six speed in in when I finally get to restore it. I just want to buy the 67 Coronet for a Motor, trans, radiator, drive shaft and misc parts to get the Charger on the road.

Ask moparstuart about his 6 speed install.  :Twocents:
It ain't a pretty road.

jaak

Quote from: bill440rt on March 25, 2014, 10:03:17 PM
Rear seats from '68 - '70 B-body 2-door cars will interchange across the board. Not sure about 4-doors. Convertibles no.
You can still shift auto on the floor with the console removed. Not sure how it would work with a bench in place of the buckets, though. Thinking you'll have to do some fab work to get that '67 bench seat in a '68.

Yep, All b body 2 door rear seats are the same. In fact the rear seat in my 69 Charger, came from a 69 Satellite. The 4 door rear seat bottoms are different than 2 door cars.

Jason

troy.70R/T

ok thanks for the help guys. I was just hoping to be able to use the seat for awhile but I guess I will just have to throw a blanket over the old one for now.

Dino

Quote from: troy.70R/T on March 29, 2014, 08:33:13 PM

I'll be doing the same to mine.  T-56 behind a 440 sounds like a ton of fun to me!   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.