News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any idea how much it would cost to Dynamat my '68?

Started by MxRacer855, March 15, 2014, 09:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

I want to do this before I put the new carpet in, but I know it's expensive. For those of you that know or have dome it, can you shoot a figure out?

Thanks

-Jeff

Chargen69

i used eastwood sound deadner

bought three boxes at 140 each, and need one more for the trunk.  but my friend who is building the car is very detailed, and the three boxes have 100% covered from the top of the firewall all the way to the rear dash pad.  i mean completely, there wasnt hardly an inch that wasnt covered.  inside the quarter panels was a little difficult cause we didnt take out the quarter window regulator, but now with the carpet and headliner quarter windows and backseat in the car, it is VERY quiet and doesnt even have the doors on it yet.

Chargen69

i didnt see the advantages to paying more for dynamat

MxRacer855

Eastwood works Chargen69! Thanks for the detailed response. I really don't care what I use, I just want something in there without breaking the bank. If 3 boxes covered everything as extensively as you said, then that's a much better deal for the job than I thought possible!  :cheers: :2thumbs:

sanders7981

You can find sound deadener on ebay that is similar if not better the dynamat for a lot less $$.  I used fat mat.  Paid about $90 for a roll and covered my floor.

twodko

Isn't all this stuff really heavy? Granted my question is moot unless your racing the car.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Chargen69

yeah its heavy, but i wanted to run 3" loud exhaust without going deaf in the car and the heat barrier will be nice with the vintage air

twodko

Your car will sound and run great with 3" tubes.......huge decrease in exhaust back pressure.

If I ran headers I'd def use some brand of heat/sound deadener.

Pix of your handi-work when its finished too.......you know how visual we are.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!