News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brainless, uncaring and disrespectful......

Started by Steve P., March 14, 2014, 12:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Always best to take the "good neighbor" high ground. Your neighbor does sound like a good egg in your most recent posts. Speaking with them is the right thing to do at this point. The reality of our times is that young people have no respect for others or their property and will react in vindictive ways in your attempts to make them see the error of their ways.
Criminals have more rights than you or me, if you were forced into "direct action" chances are you'd be the one going to jail.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

RallyeMike

Chase after them in your tighty-whites waving a plunger. Once should do it. 
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Steve P.

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 15, 2014, 11:47:41 AM
Chase after them in your tighty-whites waving a plunger. Once should do it. 

Now THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!   :lol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

draftingmonkey

Check with the police first, but you could post some parking trespassing signs that state it is a $100 fine for parking in your drive. Then buy some inexpensive tires boots ( http://www.reese-hitches.com/products/TCL-75 ) and put them on the cars until they pay or are towed off.
Or, install a couple of chain links gates at each end of your loop drive and open them with an inexpensive gate opener like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mighty-Mule-FM200-Light-Duty-Automatic-Gate-Opener-Combo-Kit-FM200-PBK/203642199?cm_mmc=shopping-_-googleads-_-pla-_-203642199&skwcid&kwd=&ci_sku=203642199&ci_kw=&ci_gpa=pla&ci_src=17588969 . Might be something you don't have to win the lottery to install.

Steve P.

We bought this house in June of 09'. It took close to 6 months to remodel inside the house before we moved in on Dec. 15th. The same neighbors mother lives on the side road to the East about 6 houses. She takes good care of the kids. Comes every morning and gets the kids off to school and every afternoon to bring the little girl next door home. (She is a little bit touched). Anyway, the guy that use to own this house let them use the driveway all the time and the gramma would walk most times through the back yard here. Parked at the end of the North drive every day she didn't walk. So one night just after we moved in, my wife was out on the back porch having a smoke in the dark. Gramma comes walking through the back on the driveway just outside of the pool cage and Mary takes a drag of her smoke. Gramma starts yelling at my wife that she scared the shit out of her!!!  Mary says: Sorry, but this IS MY HOUSE!!!!! Well, that ended Gramma walking through the yard.

Now gramma parks in front of their house or in their driveway. She always stops to say hello when she sees me, but I have never been able to figure out why anyone would make practice of parking in someones driveway they didn't belong in or block it or walk through their yard on a daily practice!! Even as a child I never played in anyone's yard I was not invited into. I guess I was just raised to respect everything and everyone and their property.

I have even had someone come to my door trying to sell some kind of crap that told me my garden hose going across my front walk was a tripping hazard. I told her that her being on my property and waking me up was a much bigger hazard to her health!! (I have a sign saying NO SOLICITING on my front door). You would not believe how many people do anyway.

I wish I could take this house and property and put it on a 5 acre parcel away from everyone.  
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

Draftingmonkey, I could do all of that, but being a handicap with a bad back, I try to NOT make more work for myself in the yard. Any signs or posts in the yard make for more trimming work for me when taking care of the property. If I were a rich man I would simply build on a much larger lot and make it exactly how I want everything. Including block wall and powered gates. BUT, since that will never happen I figured I would just blow off some steam and have a laugh here knowing a bunch of you have that very special kind of sarcastic humor.. lol...

Thanks for all your answers and laughs.... I actually love the idea of Castle Walls and a moat filled with gators.

I went to Texas once to pick up a car for a buddy. The guy selling it was a lawyer. His place was 14 acres with the most incredible house, 6 car garage across from the side entry of the house with a roofed over cobblestone entry and a huge steel building out about 1000 feet from the house. The entire place had Iron fencing with block columns about every 10 feet and really wide iron gates. We pulled up and hit a button. He answered and opened the gates telling us to come over the bridge and follow the road to the house.. We looked at each other in amazement. So through the gates and about 500 feet in we went over the wooden bridge and then on up to the house. It was like we entered another World!! We parked there and walked down to the shop after he offered the restroom to us and something to drink.

Down this freshly laid concrete road to the shop. a 12 x 14 door opens as we walk up. Get inside and he turns on the lights that take about 5 minutes to come to full power/brightness. OMG THIS SHOP IS ENORMOUS!!! It had to be all of 60 X 100.... He had 3-4 cars inside and an old truck. All mopars. I was able to turn the car I was hauling home all the way around inside this shop without backing up!! He told me that he was having 2- 5-ton AC units installed the next week.

OK, so if I were a rich man I think I would build something very similar to that and have DC.COM parties there.  That place was incredible... I believe he told me he was setting up that shop to do restorations and would be hiring 2 guys to work in there full time... It was too dark to see the rest of the property when we got there, but I could tell by the drive up to the house it had to be incredible.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

polywideblock

it sound to me that your loop driveway was the local thoroughfare(short cut) before you moved in and a few of the locals still haven't quite got the message

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Steve P.

Exactly.....  Once I get my car and all my tools here things will change BIG TIME.. I'll be out there much more often and will raise hell with anyone that tries to block or part in my driveway. Most times I just don't see them unless I am headed out to put out the garbage cans or grab the mail. By then they are inside and I just hate to be THAT GUY... But let me catch them in the act!!! hahahaha....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

twodko

Steve

There is no "that guy" on your own property.

69rtse4spd

Get some for sale signs, next car that parks on your drive, post them, cheap, like 500.00. Or if the street is not to busy, call some friends over, jack up the rear, push out into the street, call the cops. Or make sure it's locked, glue the locks. 

twodko

dyslexic teddybear

Good start!!

Try this.......buy some tuna fish packed in oil, not water.

Drain and save oil. Eat tuna sandwich.

Pour oil into heater/AC air intake at base of windshield.

They WILL remember this. :D

polywideblock

you read my mind but go one step  further, buy a bottle of tuna oil from the local bait store (goes in burley )   just a capful is all it will take do not get it on yourself it reeks and won't come off  :icon_smile_big:

I fish for those that care , and  would never have done this   :angel:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: polywideblock on March 17, 2014, 09:31:33 PM
you read my mind but go one step  further, buy a bottle of tuna oil from the local bait store (goes in burley )   just a capful is all it will take do not get it on yourself it reeks and won't come off  :icon_smile_big:

I fish for those that care , and  would never have done this   :angel:

Shows I'm not much of a fisherman......didn't know you could buy tuna oil......had no idea there was a use for it.

You wouldn't need to pour much, would you :scratchchin:........just enough so the car reeks for the next 2 years :coolgleamA:

polywideblock

every time you hit fresh air  :yesnod:  as an upside your rustproofing the inside of their cowl for them   

Cooter

Had a similar thing almost get started on my place back about 10 years ago when I first moved here. At first, it pissed me off, but I figured out a better strategy, and grabbed the piece and went next door.
introduced myself, got invited in, sat down and began to ask who's truck that was parked beside my driveway.
began to explain that since my crazy cousin likes to come by the house and use my shop from time to time, he is bi polar, has PDSD, is on parole for stealing cars, and 'accidently' shot at me once after my ole Ford backfired, so they might not wanna park it there no more.

Every now and then the cousin comes by and brings his SKS, and we let off some steam. I told him bout it and said i wasn't too far off.

Never had no more trouble. Thing is, I've seen cases where once they know it bothers you, then, like here, they do it on purpose simply to piss you off.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Steve P.

Hahahahahahahaaaaa...... That is CLASSIC!!!!!   :lol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

HANDM

I have a "turn around" that is at the end on my driveway and the neighbor decided he wasn't using it to his full advantage in his truck so he proceeds to use my yard as well as the turn around........ Doing this he rutted the hell out of the edge (my yard) so as a visual and deterrent, I pulled some of my wall stones and tossed them into the ruts so he would stop doing it.

The wall looks like shit but I don't have to look at it, he does.......

Or course, no apology, no acknowledgement of wrongdoing just stopped using my turnaround

Stretch

At the risk of sounding like some sort of redneck asshat I'll tell you how I dealt with a similar situation.

I live in a super small town (27 houses). Everyone knows everyone. The neighbor is a good guy. His 17 year old (at the time) son is disrespectful, drug dealing/using turd who I have caught in my shit more than once. I have told him and his dad more than once he needs to stay out of my shit. The boy mumbles under his breath. Dad apologizes and says it won't happen again very sincerely. I will say again, Dad is a damn good guy. 

I have 4 lots. The last 4 on a dead end road and alley.  There is a full lot of lawn between their house and mine. One Saturday morning I got up around 5 A.M. and found Asshats ranger in my yard with empty beer cans and McDonalds all around the truck. I walked next door at 5:30 A.M. and calmly voiced my displeasure. Dad once again apologized and shortly there after the truck was gone and my yard was cleaned up.

Fast forward two weeks. I get up at 5 A.M. Saturday morning and find Asshats truck in my yard once again. This time I didn't go next door. I walked through my yard to the back garage, grabbed my truck and a chain, and drug his ranger out of my yard and left it parked across both lanes of the street, unhooked my chain, put my truck away and left it sit there.

Asshat or his dad have never said one word about it. His grand parents live directly across the street from me and his truck was pretty much facing there picture window when they opened their curtains that morning and I'm sure the turfed up sod under his tires told the story as to how it got there.   His aunt lives next door to them. I think I made my point with his entire family.

It's been 2 years now and his truck hasn't been in my yard sense and he isn't quite as cocky with me. In fact he comes around with his held down and never looks me in the eye. I think that's going to be the real problem one day. I hope not.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Steve P.

You see. This is exactly what I mean. When we were young, we were taught respect for our elders/others and peoples property. We were taught to stand up for those who could not stand for themselves. We were taught to fight for the little guy. To have to go to a parent back then meant someone was getting a serious butt kicking. If it didn't work coming from our fathers, our grandfathers had that look that just told you what a pile of crap you were for doing whatever it was.

Today people don't have respect for others person or property. Our neighbors parking issue is really nothing. I could complain about a thousand things that I see every day that I never saw when I was a kid or young adult. People didn't empty their cars ashtray in your driveway or in a parking lot. Didn't throw beer cans on MY LAWN!! Didn't drive through a residential area fast, loud or blasting their stereo!

Everyone held doors for others coming into or leaving a store or doctors office. Held the door of an elevator till no one more was coming. Hell, people back home would wave to you to show a close parking spot they were about to leave!!

Today people put out their garbage cans without lids and their garbage blows out and all over the neighborhood. I have brought people on my street their discarded mail to sort of show them they are adding to the litter in the neighborhood. One neighbor wanted to know why I opened her mail. I said: Well I didn't and I also did not pay that bill for you!! She looked at me as if I just asked her to give me the chemical compound for rocket fuel!! I finally let her off the hook and told her: It must have blown out of your garbage into my yard. Maybe you need to use your can lids so it doesn't just blow all down the road!!!!  She closed the door and then I heard her yell at her husband.

It just doesn't take much effort at all to be decent to others. I'd rather my marker would read: Here lies a great guy that will surely be missed, not pea here and don't miss!!!!  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

John_Kunkel

Nobody can take advantage of you without your permission....tell the encroachers to stop.  :RantExplode:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Bobs69

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on March 17, 2014, 07:50:05 PM
Get some for sale signs, next car that parks on your drive, post them, cheap, like 500.00. Or if the street is not to busy, call some friends over, jack up the rear, push out into the street, call the cops. Or make sure it's locked, glue the locks. 

crazy glue or the yellow Loctite.  a dab will do you.  in the past people at work have used Loctite on bosses office doors.

Daytona R/T SE

I know what I would do.

I've got enough cars, trucks and a trailer to block off a small runway.

Next time your uninvited guests show up, block them in with every wheeled vehicle you own, except for one.

Leave.

A small video camera to record the hijinks might be appropriate at this time.  :Twocents:

bull

Getting retaliatory can be a problem when they know where you live. There have been a few times I've struck back but nothing serious.

When a bunch of single guys moved in next door and started playing loud music at night I went to confront them but before I knocked on the door I saw a basketball they had left in their front lawn and got an idea. I have to be up at 4:30 am so I took the ball up to my bedroom, opened the window and removed the screen and then fired it at the dormer on the side of their house. It must have made a helluva noise inside because the music got shut off within seconds and never got turned back on. To this day I rarely hear any music coming from their house.

For a while there were some people down at the end of the street who decided the front of my house should be their overflow parking area. This is one type of situation where I will advocate for a neighborhood association because I made calls on probably four different incidents of illegal parking and it was dealt with. It hasn't been an issue in probably close to two years now. The only time I got "hands-on" was when they decided to overflow part a flatbed trailer in front of my house. I came this close to hooking it up to the Durango and hauling it out to an open field a half mile away but instead I pushed it by hand about a half block down the street. Never saw that trailer parked out front again.

Anyway, Steve, I would start small by putting signs up and going from there. You don't want an all-out war where you'll be worried about your property but you have to drop a few hints and mess with their heads at least until the situation calls for more extreme measures.

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus