News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brainless, uncaring and disrespectful......

Started by Steve P., March 14, 2014, 12:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

It is aggravating to say the least.

I have 2 driveways. One in front that goes to the attached garage. One that wraps around the house to my back shop and goes out on the side road. Our neighbors to the North, (my second driveway between my house and theirs), have people stop by and they have kids parties often. I am forever chasing people out of my driveway. Just the other night shortly after pulling in to the back with groceries, a guy stopped by to see the neighbor on a moped. Parked about 8-10 feet up in my driveway. There are no lights there and had I been a few minutes later I would have run that little pile of shit over....

I hate to be the jerk neighbor, but this IS MY DRIVEWAY!!!!  One day I am going to follow one of them home and just park my truck in their driveway and see how they like it!!!  :RantExplode:

Rant over...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

JB400

It'll be a hassle when you use the other driveway, but I'd install a gate across it.  2 posts and a metal gate like what is available for livestock, and you're set.  My neighbors currently use my drive to fix their cars in because it's level.  They don't bother cleaning theirs out so they can use it. :rotz:

polywideblock

do you live in one of those open (no fences) neighbourhoods   if not a nice gate fixes the problem .  us aussies like a nice 6' fence to go with it , keeps the riffraff out  :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Steve P.

This is my house. Love the set up and the neighborhood, BUTTTTT!!!!

If I had the money to do it I would fence the yard and put gates on both driveways. Putting manual gates on there is not an option for me as I sometimes have too much trouble getting and out of the truck. I cannot park in the house garage as the truck is too long. Also, I should not have to. I really shouldn't have to put up signs or gates or chase people out. It is my driveway. NOT a public parking area.. Hell, I have had people drive through my back yard!!!!! Kids skateboarding in my back driveway!! When we first bought the place and I was remodeling it, I went for an afternoon naked swim. When I came up from a full plunge, I saw two little girls and heard: Mommy, it looks like someone moved in here. Then I see MOMMY and her friend both pushing babies in carts!!!!  Hell, I could have gone to jail for swimming in my own back yard!!!

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

This is an old picture from before I owned the house. Their driveway next door has been 3 cars wide since I moved here and it is done in pavers. My driveway is concrete. Do you think they can tell the difference??? SCHMUCKS.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Mopar Nut

I had this same problem until one day they got accidentally blocked in.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Steve P.

A few years ago my younger daughter came over and had to drive on the grass to get around someone. She got out of her car and went next door. Raised hell with the owner..  It just plain should not be this way.. I don't park in anyones driveway if not invited. PERIOD!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

2Gunz

Have you reminded them that its your driveway?

daveco

You can't fix stupid, so getting others to voluntarily change their behavior is not going to happen.
A gate is the only sure fix, but since that isn't doable then maybe a low decorative barrier on the property line? Like a two or three foot high white picket fence.
Maybe a line of shrubs.
R/Tree

JB400

Next time it happens, call the cops and have them tow off.  The site of red and blues flashing right beside it ought to do something about it.  You might want to put up a couple signs that say "Private Drive"

Troy

That sucks. My garage gets blocked on a regular basis but, since it's not at my house, I'm not there to catch and correct anyone immediately. I don't want to piss off random people who know where all my stuff is and when I'm not there so I ask nicely. If it were a place where I lived you can bet my attitude would be much different! The only time I got truly upset about it was when my dad stopped by to check on things and one of the jerks cussed him out for making him move. I didn't have to do anything about that because he got into a fight with the home owner a week or so later, got thrown in jail, and now has a restraining order so he can't be on the property. You really can't start a war with your neighbors because then you can't trust anything. It's best to take it easy and educate the little punks until they understand. If the house was empty for a while they may just be doing what they've always done.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twodko

I'm irritated just reading about this discourtesy.

People are clueless to be sure. Since your daughter has already gone over there once and
"read them from the scriptures", disrespect and discourtesy are a given here IMO.
Your property, house and shop are gorgeous.......of course I hate you right.  :lol:
To fence it with 6' tall would be pricey.......in the PRK here it would be stoopid costly. Even running
a 3 rail split post/rail job would be expensive. I couldn't live without a fence around my property.

Gates, chains or even barriers of some type like cheapie plastic sawhorses would be a PITA especially if you have a mobility issue.....I personally know how that goes.

While it's a pisser to have to do, were it me, I'd buy a couple "private driveway" and "cars will be towed" signs and mount them one over the other on short 4x4 posts maybe 3' tall. Not too "in your face" but a very clear warning.
You should also speak with them as a good neighbor. Always take the high ground even if theres no reciprocity .They should be policing their visitors not you but its time to give fair notice. With their 3 wide driveway now there is no excuse for this.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

stripedelete

Put up a fence or a hedge between the neighbor and your drive all the way to the street.

It will be surprised how lazy people are ;)

Lord Warlock

Only real way to teach the neighbors to respect your property is to fence it in, I'd put up a chain link fence blocking the driveways off, and put a motorized gate that will work via a garage door opener or some other motorized device to pull it open without getting out of the car.  Let a spring close it.  That way you don't have neighbors that use your driveway for their own use without opening a gate, and if they do that, then you can call the cops to report their behavior.  I wouldn't report them for occasionally parking in it if not closed off, and people come over, can't be the asshat neighbor that everyone hates.  Or maybe you can... know some of the neighbors haven't liked us over the years...but that was likely because I wasn't churchy enough for them.

I have my back garage blocked by a double gate, pain in the butt to open and close, but haven't had to move a car thru the gate in 7 years since i built the rear garage.  Someone would have to drive up past my front garage to get into the backyard to block anything so don't really worry about it much, everyone here has a driveway that will park at least six cars on, and our lots aren't huge either, just quarter acre lots for most part.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

moparsr2fast

Might be a good time to take a few days, sit outside, and clean the ole shotguns. When someone decides they are going to use your driveway for their personal parking space, explain they have exactly 10 seconds to get off your property before you pepper their car with buckshot.... imho..
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

flyinlow

Find an old car that's ready to be scrapped. give them $50 to take it off their hands. Park it in your drive way next to their property. Invite some friends over , have a couple beers and take turns beating it with sledge hammers. Make sure this is when your neighbors are around. Later ,scrap the car,make a couple of bucks. At least you will get rid of some frustration.

Just a thought.

Steve P.

Hahahahahahahaaaaa.....   You guys kill me!!!

We do have trees between the two properties. That SHOULD be enough for anyone that actually gives a damn to notice and figure out it IS MY DRIVEWAY... Also their driveway is done in really nice pavers. Mine is shitty concrete. But it's like people think maybe the shop out back is a business that is shut down at night!! I never have the door open unless I am in the shop or pulling in or out. I even close it when I am cutting the grass!! I just don't want anyone eyeballing anything back there..

Thanks guys. I really just needed to purge. I think when I get home tomorrow I will take a walk over and have a chat with my neighbors.. They are cool peeps. Just a bit younger than us and they have put tons of money into their house, so it's a plus plus for us.. It's just their friends that come over and no one says: Hey, you didn't park in Steve's driveway did you!!!! Maybe I can convince them to check their friends and get them to stop...

To me I feel I paid for it. I pay the taxes on it. I have to power wash it. It is MINE!!! I should never have to drive on my lawn to get into my shop or have to drive around the block and go in from the other way. I pull in kind of crooked because of only being able to turn my neck a little. Having to back in from the other way I fear putting the front end of my truck into the pool or the side of the truck into the center post between the overhead doors...

I do wish i could build a wall around my place and put powered gates at the end of both driveways to the back.. Maybe one day when I am rich.... ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

flyinlow

Quote from: Steve P. on March 14, 2014, 10:58:11 PM
Hahahahahahahaaaaa.....   You guys kill me!!!

Sometimes it's scary when you get this much brain power together.

polywideblock

Quote from: JB400 on March 14, 2014, 11:09:53 PM
Problem solved :cheers:

can I get a two car version   :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

dual fours

Find some empty nail boxes and lay them in the driveway, put some small stones in them so they stay put, paint small dow rods silver and lay them in your driveway to look like the nails.(toothpicks painted silver work very good) :smilielol:
OR: Buy the way your grandchild is very sorry he hit there car, he really is not very good at throwing the baseball yet.
My insurance would pay for your broke window but there a little problem because your car was illegally parked and trespassing on private property, I guess that means that I could of had your car ticketed and towed at the owners expense.
OR: Oh, is that your car, I just called the Police, I though it may have been a stolen vehicle, and I though that may have been drugs laying on the floor.  
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Steve P.

About a month ago my neighbors had a weekend long garage sale. They do this a few times per year. It never fails. People pull up and block the entrance of my driveway constantly. One woman dumped something out the door of her car as she was getting out. I opened the back shop and fired up my truck and went around to the driveway and laid on the horn just to make her move. Of course that was just to make me feel better, but it was pretty stupid on my part. I was just hoping that the neighbors would realize their customers were parking in front of my driveway and would stop them.

Sunday afternoon when they finished the woman next door came over and said she had something for our younger daughter that she knew she could use.. It was very nice and fairly new. I then felt like a schmuck. BUT, that should be just a neighborly thing to do. Not really a peace offering!!! Then their friends still pull this shit all the time......

I went as far as to type something up one time saying that this was a private driveway and wanted to know their address so I could go park in their driveway and block them. By the time I got outside the car was gone.. Yeah, felt like an idiot again....

I think I will just have a chat with them..  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

2Gunz

You could try blocking your own driveway for a bit..... maybe they would get the hint.

Or maybe park in their driveway to see what they think about that.

Generally I find that people are stupid..........
And when approached about issues like this have never thought of it as a problem.
Once they are told.... VERY clearly and with some "dont fuck with me" , things get better.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: polywideblock on March 14, 2014, 11:26:17 PM
Quote from: JB400 on March 14, 2014, 11:09:53 PM
Problem solved :cheers:

can I get a two car version   :2thumbs:
I need a three car if you're taking orders.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

moparsr2fast

You could have little business cards made up Steve. Any time someone parks in your drive, slap one under a wiper that states.." Parking in this drive is illegal, and this vehicle will be towed at owners expense should it happen again " Then follow thru with it. Word moves fast with kids.

I think I'm going to have fun with the neighbors using duel fours idea of the painted tooth picks.  :smilielol:
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona