News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need new wheels for Daytona

Started by Q5XX29, March 13, 2014, 10:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q5XX29

So, I ended up going with Magnum 500s from Summit, 15 x 7 front with 235/70/15s and 15 x 8 rear, with 275/60/15s (from DiamondBack).
dakota_gt on Instagram

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Beep Beep Dave

Turned out really good although I can't see that car looking bad with any choice.
:2thumbs:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

graybo

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 14, 2014, 04:06:36 PM
Good call!  I have chrome Magnum's, 15x8 in back with 275/60-15, 15x7 in front with 255/60-15

Dave, car looks GRRRRRRREEEAAATTT man.  What back-spacing are your rims?   I would like to have the same look.  Looks like the tire fills the wheel well perfectly.... Thanks.   :cheers:

FJ5WING

that looks awesome!!

Ive said it before and will continue to believe those wheels and especially with redline are the best looking wheel on any muscle era mopar!
wingless now, but still around.

Kowal

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 15, 2014, 05:18:53 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on March 15, 2014, 04:25:31 PM
do any of the guys pimping the recall wheels know theyre discontinued? :shruggy:

http://www.specialtywheel.com/product-showcase/mopar/mopar-warrior-wheel.html

:shruggy:

I talked to them about a week ago to order a set for my Charger, which I did.   The tooling is out for repair, they expect it back sometime maybe late summer.    So not discontinued, but not doing a run of these until then.
'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: graybo on April 08, 2014, 08:21:47 PM
Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 14, 2014, 04:06:36 PM
Good call!  I have chrome Magnum's, 15x8 in back with 275/60-15, 15x7 in front with 255/60-15

Dave, car looks GRRRRRRREEEAAATTT man.  What back-spacing are your rims?   I would like to have the same look.  Looks like the tire fills the wheel well perfectly.... Thanks.   :cheers:

Thanks!  4.5" on the rears, 4.25" on the fronts.  When I bought them Summit had the best price, Wheel Vintiques makes them.  I got the center caps from Megaparts.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

FJ5WING

Quote from: Kowal on April 10, 2014, 07:25:05 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 15, 2014, 05:18:53 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on March 15, 2014, 04:25:31 PM
do any of the guys pimping the recall wheels know theyre discontinued? :shruggy:

http://www.specialtywheel.com/product-showcase/mopar/mopar-warrior-wheel.html

:shruggy:

I talked to them about a week ago to order a set for my Charger, which I did.   The tooling is out for repair, they expect it back sometime maybe late summer.    So not discontinued, but not doing a run of these until then.

Thanks for the update! :2thumbs:
wingless now, but still around.

RJS

I guess I'll be the one contrary person. Your car stood out before, now it looks like every other Daytona with the wrong wheels on it. I think with the color your car is so different than the sea of red and blue car's that the factory wheel set up was perfection.

Aero426

Quote from: RJS on April 11, 2014, 10:22:27 AM
I guess I'll be the one contrary person. Your car stood out before, now it looks like every other Daytona with the wrong wheels on it. I think with the color your car is so different than the sea of red and blue car's that the factory wheel set up was perfection.

:iagree:

Q5XX29

Thanks everybody. I appreciate all of your opinions, whether you liked the choice or not. I love the look of my new wheels, but can understand how it would be a step backwards for a "purist". Fortunately, swapping the old ones back on takes all of twenty minutes, which I will do if I ever take it to the kind of car show where anybody would know the difference (which doesn't exist anywhere around South Dakota, unfortunately). However, for cruising around on the street, which I plan to do some this year, the ride and look are a major improvement, "correct" or not.
dakota_gt on Instagram

Mytur Binsdirti

I may be a little late to the game, but a set of these certainly would make you feel presidential......

:icon_smile_big:

RJS

Quote from: Q5XX29 on April 11, 2014, 01:11:22 PM
Thanks everybody. I appreciate all of your opinions, whether you liked the choice or not. I love the look of my new wheels, but can understand how it would be a step backwards for a "purist". Fortunately, swapping the old ones back on takes all of twenty minutes, which I will do if I ever take it to the kind of car show where anybody would know the difference (which doesn't exist anywhere around South Dakota, unfortunately). However, for cruising around on the street, which I plan to do some this year, the ride and look are a major improvement, "correct" or not.

I fully understand your position and appreciate you didn't Bi%6h slap me!!! Your car is awesome and unique right out the box but having extra shoes never hurts.