News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paper Concert Tickets Were Real! (UPDATE)

Started by Old Moparz, March 10, 2006, 07:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Is that the way it is all the time now? I ordered some tickets a couple of months ago through a ticket broker, (Legal scalper) & got them in the mail soon after by FedEx. I was surprised to see the ticket wasn't a ticket, but just a printout in color with the bar code. The first thing I did was call the agency to ask why I couldn't just print it from the computer myself & save the $18 on FedEx, but they said they do it so it can be tracked & delivered.

Okay, makes sense, so I then call the club to ask the box office if they accept printouts & if this was normal because I envisioned going to the club the night of the show & being laughed at & then realizing I was ripped off. I was told yes, that's how a lot of tickets are sold now. That made me feel better, but the show is tomorrow night & I still have this feeling I'll be using the paper tickets to wipe with instead of getting into the show.

Aside from not wanting to get ripped off, I don't want my daughter to be disappointed when I take her & we can't get in. She's been counting the days & marking the calendar everyday for weeks. I bought earplugs for her so she doesn't end up like me from many years of concerts & loud stereo equipment. Now I can't wait to see the show either, but mostly because she's really looking forward to her first real concert at a small club.

Nine Inch Nails at The House of Blues in Atlantic City. :D  Only seats 2300 people.

She loves the music & understands that we don't use the 4 letter words in some of the songs when we talk. It could be a lot worse, it could be Britney Spears, Janet Jackson or Madonna doing live sex acts on stage.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BrianShaughnessy

I had regular thick tickets from ticketmaster for the Black Crowes but when Khyron and I went to the Javits bike show,  we bought tickets online and just printed them out at home on a sheet of paper.  They just hit them with a scanner going in.
During some smoke'n'brew break,  we saw them taking a dumpster full of ticket printouts to throw out.   I wasted some good color ink for some dumb reason  :P    And they still charged us an extra $1 online anyhow  :icon_smile_dead:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

Hey Brian,

I guess with internet sales I'd expect it, but I bought them over the phone & had the impression the tickets were the "old fashioned thick" kind. When I saw NIN last fall, I bought the tickets on line & printed them at home. But, it was more like a voucher & they gave me regular old fashioned tickets at the box office. I'll find out tomorrow I suppose.  :shruggy:

Should be a good show, I hope my daughter stays awake.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

nh_mopar_fan

"Ticketfast" is what Ticketmaster calls it. You do not have to go with that method. I prefer hard tickets so I always choose the free mail option and hard tickets. They actual charge you for the ticketfast tickets yet mail is free. Go figure.

You need to be VERY careful when buying ticketfast tickets in resale transactions. The first person to get that papr scanned gets in. The rest are screwed. Youcan imagine how much a crook could net in this kind of scam.

There is absolutely no reason why the place where you bought the tickets from couldn't have emailed you the file at no charge. I'm guessing they padded the shipping cost to get a couple extra bucks out of you.