News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

High dollar parts on 67 charger?

Started by moparsons, March 12, 2014, 12:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparsons

I have found a 67 for sale that is basically a parts car. I don't have the desire to bring it back....but I was wondering if it would be worth picking up and parting out. It has no motor, console, or front seats. Complete other than that. I was wondering what are some of the big ticket or desireable parts and about how much they are worth. I hate to see it get crushed....but at least want to make my miney back.

GT

The dash - esp if the lighting works.
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

TUFCAT

Grille, motorized headlight parts, interior parts, sheet metal, exterior ornamentation, bumpers, basically anything in nice condition.  

There's probably lots of other valuable stuff there as rebuildable cores.  Keep in mind much of that car "the non-charger specific stuff" is shared with the Coronet, and all basic mechanicals are shared with 1966-67 B-bodies so your potential market is pretty large.  

Your question about value depends on condition. Without seeing it, its impossible to tell.  Depending on the purchase price, you should have some profit margin there if you're willing to do the work...  :yesnod:

Can you post some pictures?

moparsons

I dont have pics of it. I know it has grille and guages. Assuming I kept those parts, fenders and doors and some trim...all rebuildable condition.....would I be going wrong at around 500 bucks?

6spd68

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 12, 2014, 02:13:27 PM
Grille, motorized headlight parts, interior parts, sheet metal, exterior ornamentation, bumpers, basically anything in nice condition.  

There's probably lots of other valuable stuff there as rebuildable cores.  Keep in mind much of that car "the non-charger specific stuff" is shared with the Coronet, and all basic mechanicals are shared with 1966-67 B-bodies so your potential market is pretty large.  

Your question about value depends on condition. Without seeing it, its impossible to tell.  Depending on the purchase price, you should have some profit margin there if you're willing to do the work...  :yesnod:

Can you post some pictures?

Agreed, it's MOPAR, even parts in poor condition will sell...  Just look at some of the stuff we find on Kijiji/craigslist, even the dirties rustiest part is worth something to someone...   :Twocents:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

moparsons

Problem is....I dont really have room to have it sit around forever. I was thinking about just grabbing everything I can off of it and getting rid of the shell.

Aero426

70redbee

At 500 bucks, I would be there with my trailer picking it up instead of asking here what it is worth. Go get her and do what ya need to do.

moparsons

Quote from: 70redbee on March 12, 2014, 03:13:49 PM
At 500 bucks, I would be there with my trailer picking it up instead of asking here what it is worth. Go get her and do what ya need to do.

I probly will....but I am at work anyways....just figured I would try to find out some info because I know nithing about first gens.

69rtse4spd

Buy it, strip it, sell parts, use money for a 69. ;D.

Indygenerallee

yep, you would be silly not to buy it at $500.00... get on it!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

VegasCharger

Yep go for it! Here's what I did.
I was trying to sell my complete running drivable '73 Dodge Charger SE. My asking price started at 3500.00 brought it all the way down to $2500.00 to a potential buyer but he still didn't bite. So I said "F" it I'm parting this thing out. Just shipped a part today and now I'm at $5300.00 with still at least $2000.00 of priced out parts remaining. Granted this is over a course of one year and some labor involved but to me it was worth it. The $2000.00 priced out parts remaining will probably not be brought in but even if it's $1500.00-$1000.00 I have myself a sold $6300.00 Charger which I was going to let go for $2500.00

But if you don't have the space you're going to have to tear it down and store the parts. I would remove every thing that is bolted down to the car, label all parts from its origin. I even took OEM bolts from my car, say like the bolts that connect the dash frame to the body, labeled them, put them in a nice package with description and sell them at swap meets. Stuff like that was flying off my table. Buyers appreciate that you know where certain hardware originates from so that they don't have to do all of the leg work to find them vs. you just having a tub full of nut & bolts. But again very tedious work to say at the least. It depends how far you want to stretch parting out a car and the return on your investment.

Hope that helps  :cheers:

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: moparsons on March 12, 2014, 03:00:56 PM
I dont have pics of it. I know it has grille and guages. Assuming I kept those parts, fenders and doors and some trim...all rebuildable condition.....would I be going wrong at around 500 bucks?

Thats a steal!! I need parts.. You tribbel you money on selling the parts!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on March 12, 2014, 04:13:29 PM
Buy it, strip it, sell parts, use money for a 69. ;D.

I was thinking that for mine! It is to nice to strip it do..
MOPAR OR NO CAR

A383Wing

if both rear quarter panels are good from door to bumper, you could get yer money back easy....

TUFCAT

On a good car, your $500 investment could easily generate a $1,000 profit - at least.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

Ghoste

If the trim is in good shape, there is a lot of it both inside and out.  If it has vinyl top trim in good shape you've hit a home run.

moparsons

Well guys....I missed the car by an hour or two. I couldnt get out of work and someone beat me to it. I appreciate the replies. And I will ask around if any if my local mopar buddies bought it...I will send em this way.

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: moparsons on March 13, 2014, 11:32:48 AM
Well guys....I missed the car by an hour or two. I couldnt get out of work and someone beat me to it. I appreciate the replies. And I will ask around if any if my local mopar buddies bought it...I will send em this way.

That is to bad  :shruggy:

There is another 67 forsale here on this forum for 800bucks! Buy that and sell the parts.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,108659.0.html  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

moparsons

Nah...I wasnt really looking for that one....just stumbled on the craigslist ad and it happened to be 20 minutes from my house.