News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone pick up this 68 R/T from Windsor Ontario?

Started by StoneCold, March 11, 2014, 05:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneCold

I bought this as a project in the late 80s and sold it a few years later. Was on KIJIJI around this time 3 years ago in Windsor, Ontario. Bottom pics are when I had it. Anyone here snap it up?  Would love to see this thing finished at a show.

Baldwinvette77

"if you are reading this ad, then yes the car is still for sale"  :lol:

VegasCharger

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 11, 2014, 06:29:54 PM
"if you are reading this ad, then yes the car is still for sale"  :lol:

Yep! The ultimate procrastination that a seller does, remove the ad.
I can't count the many CL ads I responded to only to find out that the car was already sold.  
:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

bakerhillpins

When I was shopping for a Charger 3 yrs ago I looked pretty seriously at that car. Mostly it was a problem of having a place to finish it. Was a lot of what I was looking for in a car that's for sure.  :yesnod:

I too would like to know where it ended up.  :scratchchin:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ghoste

I think a buddy of mine may have looked at it too but no idea where it ended up.

chargerman69

I live not far from windsor but i never seen this one

RIDELIKEHELL

Stone Cold didn't you have a thread on this last year? I looked at it on kijiji a few times as I am close to Windsor as well. Certainly would be nice to see it on the road again  :yesnod:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

StoneCold

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on March 13, 2014, 01:31:26 PM
Stone Cold didn't you have a thread on this last year? I looked at it on kijiji a few times as I am close to Windsor as well. Certainly would be nice to see it on the road again  :yesnod:

I made a post a few years ago wondering if anyone had the car. At the time I didnt know the current whereabouts of it. I believe the guy that got it from me was from Windsor but other details have faded.  Someone mentioned that there was one on Kijiji that sounded like it matched the description so I took a look at the ad. At first glance I still couldnt say. It was just a similar Charger, now with the body done and in primer. The guy posted pics of the parts included and I got looking closely at the interior pieces and compared them to the few pics that I had from when I had it. There were certain larger marks on the instrument trim panel and the console lid that told me this was the same car. I had never saved the vin or anything else. The ad shows $10k. It was lowered to $9k at one point. Another member from Alberta was interested in getting the car, but the seller seemed too sketchy for various reasons so he didnt pursue further. Twenty years had passed from the time sold it until that ad.  That's a long project. But then again if I still had the car it would have looked the same as twenty years ago  :P

StoneCold

Someone back then posted a pic of their buddies car with RR1 and the black/white combo. Looks awesome.  :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: StoneCold on March 13, 2014, 05:22:02 PM
Someone back then posted a pic of their buddies car with RR1 and the black/white combo. Looks awesome.  :2thumbs:

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona