News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2005 V6, Low Idle

Started by James K, February 26, 2014, 01:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James K

I have a 2005 V6 Charger. She is idling at 500rpm. I am sure she needs to be at 800ish. She has an A/T and A/C. The idle is so low sometimes she stalls when stopped. Others times when I take off she has a horrible hiccup. If I take my time and go slow everything is fine. When at speed there are no problems and she purrs. How do I increase the idle speed. I want to ask y'all before I go in there and start tweaking screws. (I am assuming right now it is not a fuel pump or injector problem.)

I have looked on-line and I can't find any solutions, that is why I am here. You guys always seem to know.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 727 Auto, 8-Track, Factory A/C, Console, Double Black, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching Numbers Tranny and Diff.
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner, 727 Auto, Air Grabber, Black Bench Seat, Black Vinyl Top, K3 Burnt Orange, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching numbers Tranny and Diff.

Cooter

First off, I can only assume you've scanned it for any codes right??

You CANNOT manually increase I do speed. Newer cars are 'screw with proof'.

You CAN however clean the T body and IAC stepper motor With carb cleaner .. Most times, if you don't have something like a vacuum leak, will fix low idle problems on Chryslers.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

A383Wing

ECM controls idle speed...either IAC is bad, dirty, or you have another issue...put a scanner on it and read the data to see if anything is out of whack