News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler Carlisle Nationals 2014 - Share your memories and event photos here!!

Started by TUFCAT, February 23, 2014, 12:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

Quote from: bill440rt on July 15, 2014, 04:03:22 PM
Am I reading this right? Threats of bodily harm??
This sounds like elementary school recess.  ::)

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 15, 2014, 01:00:00 PM
Our Carlisle group event at the Dodgecharger.com tent is create fellowship among members.

That's it in a nutshell.
We all at some point disagree with the opinions of others. But we all have something that brings us together in common: the Dodge Charger.
Feelings get put aside, meet-n-greet with a smile, and have some fun. Pretty much everyone in the group photo is smiling, so it couldn't have been that miserable of a time.

I don't know about that.   Shelby ended up picking my nose.  I'm still hoping that was an accident. :o
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Troy on July 15, 2014, 02:29:53 PM
Geez guys...

Not every member at Carlisle makes it to the tent. Nor are they expected to. There are typically many more on the grounds than at the tent on Saturday afternoon. Some are Vendors, have a car in a special display, or in charge of some other event. Heck, Tuffcat organized the group photo and then didn't even show up for it! ;) I typically try to track down people I know are around somewhere when I can. I actually used to carry around a list/map. I was way more organized then! If I'm walking around I usually have a purpose though so I can go right past someone without even recognizing them.

I haven't had a chance to go through my pictures yet. My most vivid memory at this point is driving through torrential rain at 20 mph for 6 hours on the way home. Glad I wasn't in one of the old ones after I spun the Challenger on an exit ramp in much lighter rain at the Nationals a few years ago. It was nice to see Chryco again and hearing Aero426's Ramo Stott Superbird when he was moving/loading it to leave. This is one of my favorite shows and about the only one that is a "must have" every year for me (except last year).

Troy

Troy & I are best buds now which means that no matter what I say, I'll never get banned.......again!  :smilielol:

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

FJ5WING

I couldn't tell if all the BS in the later part of the thread was joking or real hard feelings.

I guess I know now.

I had fun and made my second group photo.
wingless now, but still around.

NHCharger

Our Carlisle group event at the Dodgecharger.com tent is to create fellowship among members.

Bingo Tuffy. That also includes helping out a fellow member when needed. As Nwcharger mentioned, he and his wife spent the weekend at my place. I picked up a 70 Super Bee project car for him last fall. He developed tranny problems in Indiana and made it to my place Friday night, approx. 80 hours behind schedule (first time we ever met). I told him they could spend the weekend at my place since the Transmission shop wasn't open until Monday. John tried to pay me but I told him to keep his money and pass on the favor. On Sunday John and I cruised over to check out my buddy Frank's 70 GTX. Frank was surprised that my wife and I invited two people we had never met to stay at our place for the weekend. Frank's a newbie to the mopar scene. I told him it was part of the "Charger Brotherhood" and the right thing to do. 
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

resq302

Exactly Brian!   :cheers:  Hell, you and Daryll were nice enough to check out the GTX for Dad and me and without the two of you, we most likely wouldn't have ended up with it.  Of course that turned into a full blown resto by me to get it up to our standards but hey, thats part of the fun!  (whether Dad likes it or not!)   :lol:

I've made a ton of friends through this web site and consider everyone here family. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: resq302 on July 13, 2014, 08:03:21 PM
I'm in the red shirt behind Shelby who is holding the one end of the sign in the yellow shirt.
Brian, was that before or after she picked your nose , then wiped it on your fancy shirt ?  :nana: :smilielol:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bill440rt on July 14, 2014, 08:39:40 PM
LOTS of nice cars this year, too many to list.
I had the honor of "passing the torch" sort of speak to this year's MOPAR Top Eliminator winner Ron Deszi with his absolutely stunning '69 HEMI Super Bee. A nice touch was a white cowboy hat sitting on the package tray. Congrats, Ron!  :cheers:
Awesome, Bill ! And congrats on the award and celebrity pick !

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 15, 2014, 05:27:17 AM
Cool beans Bill!  :thumbs:

Well deserved & Mopar couldn't find a better representative from a Stock as well as Modified perspective.

:cheers:
Chris, sorry we missed you. Congrats on your award and celebrity pick !

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: resq302 on July 15, 2014, 04:31:42 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on July 15, 2014, 04:03:22 PM
Am I reading this right? Threats of bodily harm??
This sounds like elementary school recess.  ::)

Our Carlisle group event at the Dodgecharger.com tent is create fellowship among members.

That's it in a nutshell.
We all at some point disagree with the opinions of others. But we all have something that brings us together in common: the Dodge Charger.
Feelings get put aside, meet-n-greet with a smile, and have some fun. Pretty much everyone in the group photo is smiling, so it couldn't have been that miserable of a time.

I don't know about that.   Shelby ended up picking my nose.  I'm still hoping that was an accident. :o
Well, she drew blood on poor Frank at your cook-put. And painted a Chebbie bow tie and rainbow on Dan. So, I doubt it. And you were trying to give her bunny ears . In her defense .  :rofl:

71ChallengeHer

Our Carlisle group event at the Dodgecharger.com tent is to create fellowship among members. If Cooter chooses not to participate with us at Carlisle that's fine.

Cooter, please spare us with your negative comments about the group after the fact. You don't have to like us, or even participate at the tent, but don't bash long standing members like Bob and others. :poke:  

I have meet some of my life long friends on DodgeCharger.com . And we keep in touch on this site or FB. I can't wait for Carlisle to see everyone in person. And last year I was in tears. Thanking everyone for helping me keep my beloved Challenger. I was in the hospital right before Carlisle . And pushed myself to make . Just to bring some joy and happiness into my life. Thank you my dear friends . Hugs and much love , Jackie  :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Moparman01 on July 13, 2014, 10:17:25 PM
I was there Thursday-Saturday, but not with a Charger tho, we were there with my fathers '70 440 Cuda under the big tree in the first row of E-bodies! Due to the possibility of bad weather up our way we headed home Sunday morning instead of coming over to the fairgrounds for a little while like we usually do. Man this was one of the best Mopar Carlisle's i can remember, we had am awesome time!! We've been coming down for about 15 years straight now, by far my favorite weekend of the year!! Since i'm now knee deep into my 68 Charger restoration, i really payed attention to some of the 2nd gen Chargers at the show, and as always there were some mighty fine examples to be seen!! Hopefully in another couple of years i'll be there with the Charger, fingers crossed! For now we'll be there with the 'Cuda!

My Dads 70 'Cuda next to our buddies purple/silver '70 'Cuda

Us upstate NY guys just getting to the motel early Thursday afternoon!

Small world , we were hanging out all weekend. Thanks for grabbing that magazine for me.  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 15, 2014, 07:29:43 PM

I have meet some of my life long friends on DodgeCharger.com . And we keep in touch on this site or FB. I can't wait for Carlisle to see everyone in person. And last year I was in tears. Thanking everyone for helping me keep my beloved Challenger. I was in the hospital right before Carlisle . And pushed myself to make . Just to bring some joy and happiness into my life. Thank you my dear friends . Hugs and much love , Jackie  :cheers:

Like she said! ^^^  :bow: :grouphug:

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 15, 2014, 12:11:22 PM
Quote from: Cooter on July 15, 2014, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: Old Moparz on July 15, 2014, 11:42:19 AM

I've been to this show every year but the first one.  :cheers:

I have news for you Coot, I say & type the same things on line that I do in person. Also, I am not at all worried about facing or meeting anyone I have disagreed with about any topic.  :Twocents:

Sometimes it's the ones that are completely oblivious to the fact that someone's actually doing them a favor by staying on his side, that they tend to say stupid shit like calling out somebody for being chickenshit. When in fact, after it's all said and done, these types are the ones that can't see the forest for the trees. I prefer to hang around people that are smarter than this. That's all. No hate, just fact. I've never said two things to you. Thr ass? Well, he's a typical yankee like afore mentioned, that can hear the whistle blowing, feel the rails shaking, but will turn and ask what happened when he gets hit by that train. Again, I'm doing you a favor....take it.

I love the tough talk on the internet, but when the chance comes to (finally) putting a face to the name, shaking hands and sharing a laugh or two, you just act like you're just too good for everyone, which really does make you look like a Chethead. but then again, maybe you did do everyone a favor by not showing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7zfnbdyAW8

Riddle me this cootman; if you think that you really are too good for us lowly pee-ons, why even bother chiming in here?   ::)

See, some people should post as if they were staring down 10 angry guys. There's no big secret I call em like I see em. If that causes YOU to attempt to post in retaliation as if I think I'm "too good", or better than you, that's your problem. Nowhere in my posts did I claim to be better, or too good. I just prefer not to have to be kicked out of Carlisle because some yankee f*ck thinks he's being cute on an online forum.
you claim that meeting at that tent for pics and fellowship is the purpose...
Riddle me this then, if there's so much "good" "fellowship", why do I seem to get none of that here?
All I seem to get is sh*t from you and a few others here for just basically saying what everybody's thinking, but won't say due to passing off the mass "majority". Please refrain from acting as if someone's "scared" to show up. If that were the case, Bills440rt wouldn't have gotten within 50 ft. Of me.

For whatever reason, you seem to think and act as if your brand of humor is something that no one should take offense to. Well, lemme tell you slick, if spoken in person, meant the way you mean it, and directed at the right person, you'd have problems. You know it, I know it, and the rest know it, they just rather not create waves about it. Remember, you can play Russian Roulette only so many times before you run ing trouble. I believe this and live by it. Many don't.

As for posting here? Well, aside from you thinking YOUR the only reason I post here, I have had NUMEROUS pms and phone calls answering questions. I don't mind helping the newbies here.
isn't that what this board is for???
Bottom line, I don't try and piss anybody off. Does it happen? Sure. It's all in how you handle it after the fact as to whether or not we have a problem. You Yankees don't seem to care or even know where that line is.
kidding around and such is all well and good until you piss someone off. Many figure you are NOT worth their time. I do. So, in a twisted way, you get more from me than the others that actually do think they are "too good" to waisted their time with you.

Tuffy, I'm gonna do you a solid and even though I didn't start it and against everything I stand tor, I'm gonna respect your wishes and bow out. (How long before these MF'S get it?)
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Mytur Binsdirti

Since this is mainly directed at me, Ive got no problem responding. As you all know, Cooter and I have been trading barbs for a while & to be honest, I was really hoping to meet him along with many others at the Charger tent in Carlisle. Now, when asked why he didn't show up, his own words here clearly makes himself look like an a-hole. When he's called out on his statements, he comes back butt-hurt.

Pa-lease.  ::)

That's it, I'm done with him.

TUFCAT

We got it.  :cheers:   The hijinx is over. :grouphug:  Let's get back to the thread. :wave:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 16, 2014, 02:55:37 PM
We got it.  :cheers:   The hijinx is over. :grouphug:  Let's get back to the thread. :wave:

Someone's got to brighten this thread up, might as well be me.  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 17, 2014, 06:09:44 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on July 16, 2014, 02:55:37 PM

Someone's got to brighten this thread up, might as well be me.  :2thumbs:

Nice
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TUFCAT

Moparman01

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 15, 2014, 07:31:38 PM
 Small world , we were hanging out all weekend. Thanks for grabbing that magazine for me.  2thumbs
[/quote]

LOL yup small world!! Very cool, we were "neighbors" for the weekend!! Always meet good people at Mopar Carlisle!!  :cheers:

tan top

Quote from: ODZKing on July 15, 2014, 09:54:38 AM
Congrads Bill.   :2thumbs:
The entire weekend this year seemed to go way too fast. Seemed like faster than the usual Carlisle weekend!
Anyway, some pics from the weekend.
http://www.retrorarities.com/Carlisle2014/index.htm

good pictures , thanks for posting  :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html