News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler Carlisle Nationals 2014 - Share your memories and event photos here!!

Started by TUFCAT, February 23, 2014, 12:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 03, 2014, 10:46:17 AM
Here's a great website for that  :icon_smile_wink:

http://www.paturnpike.com/improve/improve.aspx

Better yet, there's even a "real-time" web map  :2thumbs:

http://www.paturnpike.com/webmap/ptcie-2.htm 
That is the Turnpike.  I'm looking for 81.

Musicman

Quote from: ODZKing on July 03, 2014, 10:39:19 AM
2 part question here ... anyone going to the Cruise In on Thursday evening?

And anyone have construction reports on 81? I know construction never ends in PA, just any stoppages and where?
  :popcrn:

Plenty of on-line sites available Bob, just Google... here's one http://roadnow.com/i81/traffic-road-conditions-pennsylvania-4

I'll be coming into town on Thursday.  :cheers:

ODZKing

All right, I guess I need to be more specific. I have all the sites, AAA and so on.  I know where the construction is. I can see most of it on Trafficland.com. All it says is "construction, expect delays".
What I am trying to find out is if any one has been through there? Is it one lane, does it stop with heavy traffic, slow to a crawl or move fine, etc.?
Clarks Summit, through Scranton, down near I-80 and and past it and also near Moosic.

Mytur Binsdirti

Looks like we may be catching a break on the weather; 85-87 & partly sunny. Scattered showers on Sunday.

FJ5WING

Im sure it was mentioned and I missed it but in case its been over looked, Are we doing a picture?

Saturday 1:00ish again?
wingless now, but still around.

resq302

Mom, Dad, and I will be there Sat only for parts shopping for the GTX.

TUFCAT
Bob
Tilar
MYTUR BINSDIRTI
Cooter and Wifey
XS29L9Bxxxxxx
Just 6T9 CHGR
bill440rt
Ghoste (?)
ODZKing
moparstuart (?)
NHCharger
69CoronetRT
c00nhunterjoe (?)
4cruzin
r4daytona
PlainfieldCharger
mopar0166
white
toocheaptosmoke
BananaDan
firefighter3931
KamKuda
Brads70
bakerhillpins
Charger_Dart
dyslexic teddybear (?)
billfury
GL#10
Devil
GOTWING
adauto
rarefish
oldhemiman
69 OUR/TEA
69charger2002
Tom Swope
gschmidt211
archie360
mightywing7
Resq302 (Sat only!)
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Tilar

Quote from: FJ5WING on July 06, 2014, 05:32:42 AM
Im sure it was mentioned and I missed it but in case its been over looked, Are we doing a picture?

Saturday 1:00ish again?

Sounds like a plan to me. The cookout we had a few years back was great but that was a lot of work just to put together.  I was going to put together and bring one of those solar powered ice coolers and I have everything to do it, but I don't think I will have time.  :-\
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

TUFCAT

***** Please be present for our annual group "meet-n-great" and picture on SATURDAY 1:00pm @ the Dodgecharger.com tent *****  

dyslexic teddybear

[sigh] Really wanted to put some faces to the names I see on here. Gonna have to be next year..... :'(

Life simply gets in the way of what one wants. Not complaining, have much to be thankful for.

Next year! :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Pictures of the group shot are usually posted after the show.
Be rest assured, we look MUCH better on here than in person!  :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on July 06, 2014, 07:58:55 PM
[sigh] Really wanted to put some faces to the names I see on here.

Most are just shlubs and you will most likely regret meeting them. However, if you look at last year's photo, there is really only one who stood out in the crowd.

:lol:

dyslexic teddybear

Ok......I'll come clean......I really was just coming to see the cars.......  :angel:

Seriously, I'm a member of a few other sites, and this one has by far the most people I want to meet. As far the shlubs go, just means I would fit right in. :yesnod:

69charger2002

I cant wait to go. Been wanting to go to this show for about 10 years now at least. I'll be the one who runs up and down the swap meet and car corral 100 times til i fall over from cramps.. Probably wearing jeep or charger shirts lol.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

toocheaptosmoke

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 06, 2014, 10:00:01 PM
I cant wait to go. Been wanting to go to this show for about 10 years now at least. I'll be the one who runs up and down the swap meet and car corral 100 times til i fall over from cramps.. Probably wearing jeep or charger shirts lol.

I hear ya, love swap meets, took quite a while just to make one pass through everything last year.  So much stuff, so little time.  :D

bakerhillpins

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on July 04, 2014, 01:05:24 PM
Did you see the movie playing at the Carlisle Theater on Friday night?

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-chrysler-nationals/carlisle-chrysler-nationals-detail.aspx?detailid=840

Sweet! I think that sound's like a great idea.

QuoteSEE A SPECIAL MOVIE SCREENING ON FRIDAY OF EVENT WEEKEND
Cruise to the Carlisle Theatre for Snake & Mongoose on Friday Night

As part of the always popular Carlisle Chrysler Nationals weekend and in front of the third annual Mopar Hall of Fame, enthusiasts are invited to attend a special movie screening of Snake & Mongoose on Friday evening (7/11) at the Carlisle Theatre. The movie centers around two men who were longtime friends off the track and arch rivals on it - Don Prudhomme and Tom McEwen. These men are part of the class of 12 Mopar Hall of Fame Inductees on Saturday (7/12) at the nearby Radisson Hotel in Camp Hill.

As the movie goes, however; it will serve as the perfect way to wrap day one of the event and to honor two men whose contributions to the hobby have spanned decades. A nominal fee applies for the movie.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 06, 2014, 10:00:01 PM

make sure one of them is this one! ;)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Musicman

NHCharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 06, 2014, 09:12:13 PM
Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on July 06, 2014, 07:58:55 PM
[sigh] Really wanted to put some faces to the names I see on here.

Most are just shlubs and you will most likely regret meeting them. However, if you look at last year's photo, there is really only one who stood out in the crowd.

:lol:

You mean this guy
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

4cruzin

Not sure where that list above came from but it was short a few members.  I was like . . . . Where did TROY's name go??   :shruggy:  I think this is more updated . . .

TUFCAT
Bob
Tilar
MYTUR BINSDIRTI
Cooter and Wifey
XS29L9Bxxxxxx
Just 6T9 CHGR
bill440rt
Ghoste (?)
ODZKing
moparstuart (?)
NHCharger
69CoronetRT
c00nhunterjoe (?)
4cruzin
r4daytona
PlainfieldCharger
mopar0166
white
toocheaptosmoke
BananaDan
firefighter3931
KamKuda
Brads70
bakerhillpins
Charger_Dart
dyslexic teddybear (?)
billfury
GL#10
Devil
GOTWING
adauto
rarefish
oldhemiman
69 OUR/TEA
69charger2002
Tom Swope
gschmidt211
archie360
mightywing7
TROY
Aero426
Big Sugar
FJ5WING
billssuperbird
Musicman
Old Moparz
Resq302
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Tilar

I might need to put a (?) beside my name, I've got a situation materializing that might put a damper on Carlisle, I'll know in time to cancel my reservations.  :-\
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Chryco Psycho

Old Moparz

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 08, 2014, 05:02:08 AM
I will be there also for the first time in 4 or 5 years  :cheers:

Troy started a new rule that states anyone who misses the Carlisle show at least 3 years in a row has to buy the beer, ice & stay at the tent to guard the DC.com banners. He will make sure you get restroom breaks, he's not a total bastard.  :2thumbs:

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

FJ5WING

*YAY*

Im back on the list! :icon_smile_big:

I'll just be sitting behind the Coronet loving some Arturo Fuente's.....and maybe some cold adults liquids?
wingless now, but still around.