News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler Carlisle Nationals 2014 - Share your memories and event photos here!!

Started by TUFCAT, February 23, 2014, 12:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

I called Carlisle Productions for information on scooter rental.

The fairgrounds uses "Scoot-Around" for rentals (888-441-7575).  They said actual rates are not confirmed for the 2014 show, but they normally charge between $70 to $90 per day for large events, **not per hour** as I originally said... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Sorry to relay bad information. Expect to pay up to $90/per day for a scooter rental.  :yesnod:

bill440rt

Quote from: 4cruzin on March 05, 2014, 10:18:32 AM

Copy and paste to add your name!   :cheers:

Eureka!!
Why didn't I think of that?  :brickwall:   :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 05, 2014, 07:53:08 AM
Quote from: Devil on March 05, 2014, 01:00:18 AM
For the first time ever.... I plan on attending Carlisle.  I have a big barn find shoot just NW of there, then I plan on shooting down and enjoying the show!

Be nice to finally meet you Ryan.  Make sure you drop by the tent ( are we going to have one?) for the annual photo shoot.

Indeed, should be fun.  Unfortunately I don't show up on pictures....lol

Tilar

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 05, 2014, 10:52:58 AM

The fairgrounds uses "Scoot-Around" for rentals (888-441-7575).  They said actual rates are not confirmed for the 2014 show, but they normally charge between $70 to $90 per day for large events, **not per hour** as I originally said... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Sorry to relay bad information. Expect to pay up to $90/per day for a scooter rental.  :yesnod:

That's the same as it was last year. I tend to have some breathing issues when it's hot and if I do much walking I get out of breath easy, so last year I rented one in the after noon and she still charged me $50, but since I had already spent a bunch on the trip I wasn't going to let $50 come between me and seeing what I came to see.

Oh and we're staying at the Quality Inn again this year. I stayed at the Hotel Carlisle last year and wasn't impressed with the service at all. QI is more expensive but I've never had a problem with the service.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

GOTWING

i will be there like every year !  :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Updated list.  :cheers:

TUFCAT
Bob
Tilar
Mytur Binsdirti
Cooter (?)
XS29L9Bxxxxxx
Just 6T9 CHGR
bill440rt
Ghoste (?)
ODZKing
moparstuart (?)
NHCharger
69CoronetRT
c00nhunterjoe (?)
4cruzin
r4daytona
PlainfieldCharger
mopar0166
white
toocheaptosmoke
BananaDan
firefighter3931
KamKuda
Brads70
bakerhillpins
Charger_Dart
dyslexic teddybear (?)
billfury
GL#10
Devil
GOTWING
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bakerhillpins

Troy,

Are you going to make it this year?

Quote from: Troy on February 26, 2014, 05:49:26 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on February 26, 2014, 04:55:55 PM
Here's a tip for those planning to go...book your hotel rooms 7 months ago.
Fixed it for you. ;)

Troy

Well, not that I am suggesting you wait but the last 2 years I booked in Late May even June and got a room at the QI.  Got the room online and the rate was $50 less per night than the guy at the desk quoted me. ($200)  This year I booked down the road at the Ramada (just a bit east of the Dealership that has the Thursday night party) and it's just under $90 a night for 3 nights (with cancellation fee) -> 350 Bentcreek Blvd Mechanicsburg, PA

As I understand it a few of the site groupies are going to be there. Which beats last year where I didn't know anyone at the QI.  :'(

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

gschmidt211

It will be good to get back after missing last year.  We are going and take my friend's '71 Roadrunner.
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

adauto

Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

TUFCAT

Great!  You'll be added to the list on page 1. See you there.

rarefish

I will be there, but this year I will be leaving the cars home as I'm planning on getting a vender spot.

TUFCAT

Updated list  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT
Bob
Tilar
Mytur Binsdirti
Cooter (?)
XS29L9Bxxxxxx
Just 6T9 CHGR
bill440rt
Ghoste (?)
ODZKing
moparstuart (?)
NHCharger
69CoronetRT
c00nhunterjoe (?)
4cruzin
r4daytona
PlainfieldCharger
mopar0166
white
toocheaptosmoke
BananaDan
firefighter3931
KamKuda
Brads70
bakerhillpins
Charger_Dart
dyslexic teddybear (?)
billfury
GL#10
Devil
GOTWING
adauto
rarefish
oldhemiman

TUFCAT

white

Will there be a place where we can meet?

TUFCAT

Quote from: white on March 27, 2014, 06:11:24 PM

Yes indeed! Troy our site owner always arranged for Carlisle to put up a large tent. It's extremely useful as sun protection or if by chance, rain protection. We've needed it for both throughout the years...

Carlisle charges clubs for tent rental and Troy pays the bill. We pass the hat around to make sure he doesn't have to foot the bill in any way shape or form! Members realize he graciously hosts this site for free, and its a great way for us to show appreciation, and give back.  :2thumbs:   Plus on a hot day a shady spot to sit down is priceless!  :yesnod: :yesnod:

Mytur Binsdirti

TUFCAT
Bob
Tilar
MYTUR BINSDIRTI
Cooter (?)
XS29L9Bxxxxxx
Just 6T9 CHGR
bill440rt
Ghoste (?)
ODZKing
moparstuart (?)
NHCharger
69CoronetRT
c00nhunterjoe (?)
4cruzin
r4daytona
PlainfieldCharger
mopar0166
white
toocheaptosmoke
BananaDan
firefighter3931
KamKuda
Brads70
bakerhillpins
Charger_Dart
dyslexic teddybear (?)
billfury
GL#10
Devil
GOTWING
adauto
rarefish
oldhemiman

Fixed it.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 05, 2014, 10:52:58 AM

Did I miss something ?You're not even 40 yet !!!You need a scooter because ...............

69 OUR/TEA

Oooooops,just checked your profile,you're 46,O.K,you can have a scooter,LOL !!!!See you there !!!!

69charger2002

I have never been, but I am going this year! Not bringing anything, it's too far. Flying up for 4 days with a friend or 2.. Hope to find some parts or a car, and maybe meet some of you guys.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bill440rt

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 27, 2014, 06:37:59 PM
Quote from: white on March 27, 2014, 06:11:24 PM

Yes indeed! Troy our site owner always arranged for Carlisle to put up a large tent. It's extremely useful as sun protection or if by chance, rain protection. We've needed it for both throughout the years...

Carlisle charges clubs for tent rental and Troy pays the bill. We pass the hat around to make sure he doesn't have to foot the bill in any way shape or form! Members realize he graciously hosts this site for free, and its a great way for us to show appreciation, and give back.  :2thumbs:   Plus on a hot day a shady spot to sit down is priceless!  :yesnod: :yesnod:

I don't see Troy on the list, is he planning on going this year? I know he didn't make it last year. I always make heavy use of the tent so I want to help it along if it needs it.   :cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Tom Swope

Accurate Exhaust Products LTD will be in the usual place at J-32-33 and K-32-33. We will be loading early this year for delivery of exhaust systems to Carlisle. The deadline will be in the middle of June. Remember that DodgeCharger.com members have special discounts but must contact me directly @ taswope@msn.com . www.accurateltd.com 

TUFCAT

TUFCAT

Updated List  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT
Bob
Tilar
MYTUR BINSDIRTI
Cooter (?)
XS29L9Bxxxxxx
Just 6T9 CHGR
bill440rt
Ghoste (?)