News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

340 ID

Started by Blown70, March 09, 2006, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

Ok, So I have always dealt with big blocks.  Never paid attention to 318,340,360.

Could someone tell me how to ID them and where they are stamped..... Do they have such a thing as a HP?

Thanks

Toim

John_Kunkel

All 340's are considered HP, the stamping is on the front of the block just below the head on the drivers side.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Blown70

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 09, 2006, 03:59:48 PM
All 340's are considered HP, the stamping is on the front of the block just below the head on the drivers side.

John, would this be on the back of the motor or toward the front of the head?  Does that make sense?

chrisII

basicly its normaly right behind the ps pump and kinda tough to read. there are casting numbers above the starter (like an inch tall cast in) that give displacement, and on the right side just behind the motor mount you will find a date casting. the area below the head on the left front of the block is where overbore , undersized crank ect was stamped. ive seen this area blank as well. i think big blocks were stamped the same but ive never done alot with big blocks.