News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TDC (The Dodge Charger Registry); register at both

Started by hemi68charger, March 09, 2006, 10:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hello all

I wanted to pass on to all that register their cars to also register with Wayne Wooten. Since he does all years, the information would be incorporated into a broader database. He will only talk to the owner about his/her car and will not pass on information about anything unless you request it. He is the foremost knowledgeable person about Chargers at large. He's been doing this for over 20 years. To register the car is free. There is a formal organization type of club with t-shirt, newsletter, etc for $35..

If you have any questions, please email me or Wayne.. If he has anything on YOUR Charger, I'm sure he'll discuss it with you with enthusiasm.

He works odd-ball hours, so there may be times when it's a span of time before he can get back to you, but he will..........

http://www.dodgechargerregistry.com/

I have known Wayne for almost 10+ years and he's a man of utmost character and passion.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bad1032

Brock Samson

Paladin

To All,

I can personally second everything that Troy has to say about Wayne and TDC Registry.  Everyone involved are super nice people and great fun to be around, with the possible exception of one old sorehead in a '71 FE5 R/T from someplace called Ozona.

May God bless America,
Paladin
1966 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau
1971 Dodge Charger R/T
1977 Chrysler Cordoba A35
1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express
1985 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Dodge Ramcharger
1986 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster
1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 Dodge Sport 2500 V10   
2001 Dodge Durango SLT

duo-stripe

Hey Troy!
I already made plans with Wayne, I WILL be visiting the DodgeChargermeet. I hope you can make it; so I hope the baby is born before the meeting so you can take the whole family!

Best greetz Marcel
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

chargerkid

Yes...Wayne is a stand up guy.  Anyone ever receive an award from him?  I got one.  It was better than any show car trophy I have ever received.  I did give him some vins of cars that I found and parted.

As far as the Dodge Charger show, anyone interested in the 99 concept Charger?  It was at our show at Stoney Creek the one year.

Chargerkid

duo-stripe

I have met Wayne last year on the Dodge Chargerregistry meeting; for me being a Dutch guy..I've received a big welcome there and was treated perfect. Wayne and his fellow members did a heck of a job to organize such a great carshow. Really, it was worth the plainticket to get there and I will be there in Tennessee this year again and will certainly meet some of you guys there.

Marcel
www.deadendcruisers.com
www.mopar.nl
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

hemi68charger

Quote from: chargerkid on March 09, 2006, 05:26:44 PM
Yes...Wayne is a stand up guy.  Anyone ever receive an award from him?  I got one.  It was better than any show car trophy I have ever received.  I did give him some vins of cars that I found and parted.

As far as the Dodge Charger show, anyone interested in the 99 concept Charger?  It was at our show at Stoney Creek the one year.

Chargerkid

I won the stead award about 5 years ago I think.. That was the year I took both Dana and Whitey......

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

694spdRT

I have been a member for three years and registered both of mine already. Wayne is a stand up guy with a passion for Charger's. I am really looking forward to the meet in Jefferson City this year.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Shakey

My car is registered with Chris' '69 registry.

What are the benfits of registering my car with another Charger registry?

What does Wayne Wooten get out of it?

What do I get out of it?

Is there a registry with Chrysler?

Does Galen Govier have a registry?

Whos' registry is official or sponsored by Chrysler or Dodge?

Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Brock Samson

Chris G.

Quote from: Shakey on March 09, 2006, 07:42:24 PM

That's good Shakey. Chris is easily available if anyone has questions about the registry.

QuoteWhat are the benefits of registering my car with another Charger registry?

Good question. While registering with Wayne or even Galen is free, there's not much after that even if you pay.

QuoteWhat does Wayne Wooten get out of it?

Not really sure, but he has had this passion for some time now and he is well respected. He keeps his numbers very close, and to be honest, his website is gawd awful. I registered with him about 4 years ago, and today I can't figure out why I did?

QuoteWhat do I get out of it?

Like most free registries, you don't get much in return. With our registry, we give you pretty much anything you want with the exceptions of VIN's and personal info. We hope that our site gives you all the info you need for your Charger, and in return we hope you register your Charger with us.

QuoteIs there a registry with Chrysler?

Not that I know of.

QuoteDoes Galen Govier have a registry?

Yes he does. He will register you for free, but he also has a payable service.

QuoteWhos' registry is official or sponsored by Chrysler or Dodge?

I don't think anybody is, and I doubt Chrysler would even want any part of it.

Don't get me wrong, I think Wayne is a nice guy. I have met him once before. Yes he will go out of his way to talk to you and that is very important. I just don't see what he does as any different than what Galen does. I also don't think Wayne profits off of any of this (neither do I or Chris). I just think Wayne is a genuine guy who has a passion for Chargers.

Shakey

The type of response that I was hoping for.  Thanks Chris. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on March 09, 2006, 08:09:19 PM
Quote from: Shakey on March 09, 2006, 07:42:24 PM

That's good Shakey. Chris is easily available if anyone has questions about the registry.

QuoteWhat are the benefits of registering my car with another Charger registry?

Good question. While registering with Wayne or even Galen is free, there's not much after that even if you pay.

Not really sure, but he has had this passion for some time now and he is well respected. He keeps his numbers very close, and to be honest, his website is gawd awful. I registered with him about 4 years ago, and today I can't figure out why I did?

Like most free registries, you don't get much in return. With our registry, we give you pretty much anything you want with the exceptions of VIN's and personal info. We hope that our site gives you all the info you need for your Charger, and in return we hope you register your Charger with us.

Not that I know of.

Yes he does. He will register you for free, but he also has a payable service.

I don't think anybody is, and I doubt Chrysler would even want any part of it.

Don't get me wrong, I think Wayne is a nice guy. I have met him once before. Yes he will go out of his way to talk to you and that is very important. I just don't see what he does as any different than what Galen does. I also don't think Wayne profits off of any of this (neither do I or Chris). I just think Wayne is a genuine guy who has a passion for Chargers.

Well said bud ......brought a tear to my eye!
:cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

QuoteWhat are the benfits of registering my car with another Charger registry?

There is an overall broading of the understanding of the Charger, old and new. As with anything of importance, it takes a team to make things happen. No registry can ever be successful if no one participates.. I chose to be part of it because I believe in his mission and vision. It goes beyond "What I can get out if it".

I can't speak for him, but it does give him knowledge about Chargers at large and possibly he's run across YOUR (anyone reading this) car at some point and knows something it. There's no profit on his end at all.

A sense of you're contributing to a vision of understanding and remember, he doesn't charge anything to register and talk about your car. Galen charges alot..... Big difference..... Galen charges $48.00 just to decode your tag... Wayne will talk your ear off about your car for free.

Not sure...

Yes

None that I know of, but not sure why Galen can say he can produce a Chrysler Registry Letter, whatever that means...

In essence, this is bigger than just any one person..... Since it doesn't cost anything, I can't see the problem, but then again, I've known him quite a few years......

It's up to the individual...

Troy
Troy

Chris G.

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 09, 2006, 09:30:35 PM
It's up to the individual...

Troy

Exactly Troy. I don't want you or anyone to get the impression that Wayne and his registry should be avoided in any way. If an individual wants to register with him, by all means do it.  :thumbs:

And on a side note, his club members are some of the nicest people I have come across. I know John (sunroof green '69) is one of the nicest people you will meet. I also remember a nice guy from the Jersey TDC meet. I think his name was Steve, and he has a Red '71(?) Charger with stripe delete. I have a picture of the car somewhere. He wasn't from Jersey.

moparjohn

Chris thanks for the kind words- and right back at you! The Steve you mentioned lives in Md. I enjoy the TDC, the DCR, this site, and almost everyone I have met involed with Chargers- Really not alot of "bad apples"  I'm looking forward to another great show season
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

resq302

I have met Wayne only once but have talked to him numerous times on the phone.  He was especially helpful lately with what tires were available to my 69 Charger from the factory.  We must have spent close to an hour on the phone just discussing available tires for a 69 Charger with the 383-4 HP motor.  Not once did he mention it would cost anything for his knowledge or anything like that.  He is an all out true MOPAR fanatic who loves to eat, sleep, and talk Mopars.  Wayne is a true asset to the hobby.

Galen is another person who has a lot of info.  I have met Galen more than once and he seems to be a good guy but tends to shy away from the average, run of the mill, standard car like mine.  If you have a rare car, he will be all over you and your car.  Again, I am not trying to bash anyone, just giving my opinions from what I have seen and talked to people.  One more thing I will say about Galen is that he has turned his knowledge into a business, which kind of gets away from what this hobby is all about, helping others out to get their car to the way they want it.

I will say that anyone that undertakes a registry like Chris, Wayne, or Galen, have certainly deserves a lot more credit than they are given as I can only imagine how much time, energy, and reseach it takes to get something like a registry started, let alone, maintained.  The same goes for moderators and administrators of sites like this.

I, truely, am not worthy. :bow:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

hemi68charger

Quote from: resq302 on March 10, 2006, 07:50:00 AM

I, truely, am not worthy. :bow:

Resq302, Everything you said is correct except your last statement,,,, You are worthy, you own a Charger...  :icon_smile_big:

Your conversation is exactly what I'm referring to as a testimony on answering the question; "What do I get out of it?"

Troy
Troy

69_500

I've never personally talked to Wayne Wooten, but from what all I've been told by people over the years is that he is a very friendly and helpful person. I love the idea of a central registry, but I also love the idea's of specific registries for different years. Too many registries is a bad idea, but I don't think by having one for each year is a bad thing. I also think that the registries should openly share information between the registries. Ideally that way each one would have the most available information, thus allowing for the most accurate databases to be formed. Allowing for more accurate counts of cars known, and cars produced with certain combinations.
With that I'll shut up.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 10, 2006, 09:45:36 AM
I've never personally talked to Wayne Wooten, but from what all I've been told by people over the years is that he is a very friendly and helpful person. I love the idea of a central registry, but I also love the idea's of specific registries for different years. Too many registries is a bad idea, but I don't think by having one for each year is a bad thing. I also think that the registries should openly share information between the registries. Ideally that way each one would have the most available information, thus allowing for the most accurate databases to be formed. Allowing for more accurate counts of cars known, and cars produced with certain combinations.
With that I'll shut up.

That's true and I agree Danny, but unfortunately, you have to trust 100% the information you're getting from the other guy.. Wayne got burnt once trying to do that and the other registry gave him bogus VIN's and information.. The guilty party wasn't one of the popular registries here we all know about..... So, I can see where it's best to always get information from the source..... I agree, I don't think it's a bad idea to have "by-year" registers, but a person should do both I think.. Year-specific and TDC... 

again, my   :Twocents:

Troy
Troy

69_500

I wasn't ever aware of any year specific registries until the past few years. Then again the only cars I have ever paid a lot of attention to are the aero cars, and both of the clubs do their own registries for those cars.

FastbackJon

I registered my cars with Wayne a while back. Talked to him on the phone. He's a nice guy. I didn't get the information I was looking for. So I asked around in the '66/'67 Charger club for VINs and body codes to help me get an idea about where my car fit in. I had a list of 15 to 20 vins and that kind of information. I went over to the 2003 TDC meet in Seattle and had fun there, stayed with TK73 at his place. We were checking out cars on eBay and he mentioned something like he checks ebay motors daily for Chargers. I thought that was a great idea. So I started collecting VINs, fender tag pictures, and information from eBay Chargers, and Chargers at the Charger meets that I put on in Spokane, and I activley go out and get the information and the list got bigger and bigger and turned into the '66/'67 Charger Registry. Wayne has a lot of stuff on paper and isn't that good with a computer so it is harder to get information out of him. I just use my computer science degree to compile my information together so that people can see it on the web. It doesn't take all that much time either to maintain, once it is all setup. If someone has a fastback Charger I encourage them to register with both me and anyone else they want to. They can decide for themselves which registry they like better if they choose to make that decision.

One thing was strange with Wayne though. I remember talking to him on the phone and mentioning that I put on Charger meets for the Spokane are, and also that there was a Dodge-Charger.com meet in Kent. He seemed angry and couldn't understand why everyone couldn't just go to one Charger meet since there was also the TDC meet in Washington state. He thought we should all meet in moses lake or something and combine the three Charger meets. Personally, I don't think many of the Spokane area people are willing to drive over to the coast or even to Moses Lake for a Charger meet, so that's why I have the local one. But if they are then great! They can go to both meets, or all three, or whatever works out best for them. That's how I see it.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

squeakfinder

So FastbackJohn, Is there going to be another gathering this year in Kent? I haven't been to the Dodge Charger Registry meeting's in quite awhile that Jim Morgan puts on at Whitby Island. As matter a fact the last one I went to was in Tacoma. And it looks like T.D.C is going to have one meet in Missouri for the whole Country and Canada. Or has that changed?

I think most of us try hard to keep are cars running dependable. But the truth is these vehicles are antiques and it gets a little risky making these 2 or 300 mile trips.

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

hemi68charger

Quote from: rotsparts on March 14, 2006, 05:56:44 PM
... And it looks like T.D.C is going to have one meet in Missouri for the whole Country and Canada. Or has that changed?

I think most of us try hard to keep are cars running dependable. But the truth is these vehicles are antiques and it gets a little risky making these 2 or 300 mile trips.

Hello rotsparts:
Yes, this year there's going to be only one Meet and that's in Missouri, centrally located.... Again, the reason is for member appreciation by TDC: past, present and future. As we all know, TDC regional meets have always been free to enter. This year Wayne wants to show appreciation to those that have been a supporter of TDC. Every year at every event he attends, he's pulled one way or another. This year he wishes to focus on the member...   After that, next year it'll be back to the same thing.......

Troy
Troy