News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Dukes Movie??

Started by jaak, February 18, 2014, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Driving prowess ain't what it once was.... :lol:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

CornDogsCharger

When I was on the set the other day, they were actually talking about the seat belts.  The WGL76 had its roll bar and the shoulder belts were added just for the commercial.  The belts were only props and were not actual functioning seat belts.  It was attached to the curved section of the roll bar... which is really a little too high.  Maybe they had problems with the belts getting in the way... from where they were mounted... and decided to do away with the roll bar.  I guess everything has to be politically correct these days and show that everyone is actually wearing seat belts.  John mentioned "I usually get around that going through the motions of buckling a lap belt... because that's all these older cars usually had".  It will be interesting to see the commercial once it is finished.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Ghoste

As stupid as that seems I guess its better to appease the pc nazis with fake shoulder belts than removing the flag from the roof.

Dreamcar

I grew up with DOH, and my love for Chargers is greatly influenced by it. I never wanted to have a GL replica because it would essentially be a big bright orange rolling billboard, but sometimes the thought does cross my mind to do a GL replica...my profile picture shows you what I have now...A non-RT waiting for a rebuild, so it would be the perfect opportunity.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Kern Dog

Thanks for the updates, CornDogger.

Mike DC

Here's a similar pic.  The TV-series rollbar is clearly removed.  

My brother is a TV commercial editor.  He sent this my way.  A young woman was tragically killed on a movie set the other day.  Various productions throughout the industry operating right now have been sending R.I.P. clapboard shots in memorial.  

This "Dukes" commercial must have a decent budget - the other name on the clapboard is Steven Spielberg's preferred director of photography.  Not exactly the cheapest DP they could have hired. 

GL#10

posted on the cglfc

JB400

Looks like Roscoe is going to have to make another insurance claim.

Chargen69

that would have been freaking awesome to have rolled up a road and seen that

GL#10

the two  jump cars survived the shoot , the 2nd jump car which performed a bigger jump survived with very little damage , as it landed in card board boxes .

So yet again , like the recent movies all chargers survived and im sure will end up in hands of collectors fans etc .

TexasGeneral

I wonder if the smith bros built these chargers for the shoot.. They are very authentic looking

Cooter

Guess we'll be seeing these on ebay soon.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

c00nhunterjoe

I cant wait to see the commercial

Ghoste

Yeah, rather curious myself.

GL#10

Picture Car Warehouse built them ,and all of them have found new homes  :2thumbs: :nana:

Ghoste

Thats the Ted Moser place?

GL#10

Kern Dog

I saw one at their warehouse in April. It was a jump car that really was a turd! Bondo over rust, cracks in the cowl, the RH quarter....Good thing they used such a beater instead of a nicer one.

GL#10

QuoteI saw one at their warehouse in April. It was a jump car that really was a turd! Bondo over rust, cracks in the cowl, the RH quarter....Good thing they used such a beater instead of a nicer one.

Did you get a picture of it ?? 

gram101

Just caught the end of the new commercial. It is for autotrader they jump in a dealership with the general, and ask if it comes in orange and drive off with a viper painted up like the general.

Dreamcar

Ok, is it just me or does it look like some of those jumps would cause some serious damage?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

Dino

-Make sure the doors open
-I think they all open
-Really?

:lol:

I actually enjoyed that.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

GL#10

QuoteOk, is it just me or does it look like some of those jumps would cause some serious damage?

Not a real lot , my 68 was jumped several times , the 70 that did the take off for the barn jump , got the most damage , but has since been repaired .

Dreamcar

Quote from: GL#10 on June 10, 2014, 05:57:33 AM
QuoteOk, is it just me or does it look like some of those jumps would cause some serious damage?

Not a real lot , my 68 was jumped several times , the 70 that did the take off for the barn jump , got the most damage , but has since been repaired .

Ok, i feel better then. :cheers: