News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 Hemi engine wiring harness

Started by hemi68charger, February 16, 2014, 07:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..

Curious.. I just got my engine harness for my 426 Hemi, application 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona. Well, I laid it out over the motor/valve cover and noticed there wasn't a connection for the oil pressure sending unit... Is it different on a hemi car or did M&H just mess up?

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger-Bodie

Oil pressure wire is in the battery cable on a HEMI.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 16, 2014, 08:12:11 PM

Yeap, after another reply on another board, I went to the garage and looked at my new positive cable,... Sure enough, there it was.............  Weird, but that's the way MaMopar did it nonetheless.......
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 17, 2014, 07:24:15 AM

Yeap, after another reply on another board, I went to the garage and looked at my new positive cable,... Sure enough, there it was.............  Weird, but that's the way MaMopar did it nonetheless.......

What? My response wasn't good snuff for ya?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

hemi68charger

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 17, 2014, 08:03:58 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on February 17, 2014, 07:24:15 AM

What? My response wasn't good snuff for ya?

No, the other response on the other board came first,  by a few minutes..... I wasn't "verifying" yours.......  Right before I read your reply, I had just come from the garage to look at my positive cable...   ;D

Troy

Charger-Bodie

Troy , You have tti218 headers? Right? If so,do you plan to use gaskets? When I did mine in the Daytona clone I only used high temp silicone as per Tim at FHO. sealed perfect and it brings the headers that very small amount closer to the block and away from things like steering box. I just installed the used ones I got the other night in the same fashion.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 17, 2014, 08:36:24 AM
Troy , You have tti218 headers? Right? If so,do you plan to use gaskets? When I did mine in the Daytona clone I only used high temp silicone as per Tim at FHO. sealed perfect and it brings the headers that very small amount closer to the block and away from things like steering box. I just installed the used ones I got the other night in the same fashion.

Yeap, I have tti218 headers. As far as using the gaskets, I had planned on it. Seriously, never thought about only using the high temp silicone.. Not that I don't want to, just never entered my mind.........
Troy