News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Make-A-Wish Foundation of Oklahoma needs help with 69 Charger

Started by professor-patrick, February 13, 2014, 11:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor-patrick

Hey everyone,  my shop is helping Make-a-Wish build a 69 Charger General Lee for a kid with cancer.  A lot of major companies have stepped up with parts and services, and my shop is providing the final assembly, and helping track down parts.  This is where you guys come in:

We have not been able to find a good grill center section for a 69 Charger that is reasonably priced.  The car is a 68 that has been converted to 69 (tailpanel/lights, side markers, etc).  I've got a good 68 center section, but we want to do the car right.  ANY help is appreciated.  We are in a time crunch too, as we are scheduled to surprise him with the car in mid March at the Tulsa International Auto Show.  Yes - It's a surprise!!

Again, any help with leads, or if you have one you would be willing to sell or part with or trade for the 68 grill.  We've been looking everywhere, have found quite a few, but none that were for sale or were priced less than $2000.  Really need help!!!

Please contact me, Patrick, at Scotlea Hot Rods 918-231-3605, patrick@scotlea.com   or Jeff Summers at Make-a-Wish Foundation 918-855-4223. 

Thanks for your help!!
Dr. Patrick Hagerman
Lead Designer - Scotlea Hot Rods
www.scotlea.com

HOTROD

Tomorrow is a mopar swap meet in Columbia, Mo. maybe someone can help !
What the Hell-Dumass !

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JB400

It looks like there are a few of us that are willing to help you out :cheers:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,108460.0.html

My advice is to put your 68 grille up for sale.  Several people here are restoring 68's that could possibly use it.  Once sold, you can put that money toward the purchase of the 69.  Pictures help. 

Also, if you can post pix of your progress on here, it might help encourage others to chip in as well. :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

professor-patrick

Thanks guys!  I really don't want to sell the 68 grill until I have a 69 in hand, or can trade for it, just in case we don't get one before the deadline and have to use the 68 grill (a 68 grill is better than no grill).  Anything anyone can do to help is appreciated.  I've found several in the last week, but nobody will sell.  One guy has 8 69 chargers, all of them in various states of not getting built, but he won't turn loose of anything.  Even talked to a salvage yard owner that has two good grills sitting on a shelf, but won't sell because he is "going to build his car someday and wants to make sure he has all the parts" - and this guy currently has throat cancer, is 70 years old and won't help another cancer victim.  Drives me nuts!!!

I know there is a good part out there that needs a home - please keep beating the bushes!!!  THANKS AGAIN!!!

Dr. Patrick Hagerman
www.scotlea.com

Tilar

Whatever happened to that Make-A-Wish Charger that was being built for the girl with Cancer? I know she passed away before she got it. I cant remember her name... Ronni something.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

It was displayed at Columbus the year it was finished but I don't know after that.  If memory serves it went to her sister?

Tilar

I had taken a short video of it when it was at the Nationals that year and posted it on YouTube, then talked to the guy that was building it for probably 10 minutes about the car. I wish I had left the camera on for that because he had some history on the car and who all had contributed. Her sister messaged me and thanked me for the video and mentioned that she wanted the car but I never did hear what really happened to it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

unrulyprocuda

Yes it went to her sister not shure what happened to it after that it was my car that I donated and my friend built the k frame it was a shame to do all that work and she then passed away it was Ronnie's charger built by Dave at all classics restorations in Moorsville North Carolina. I will see if he can give me an update it was a 1968 charger body that he changed into a 69.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6UMwlxJv5Q

professor-patrick

Found a grill !!!  Thanks to Mark Faught of Abilene Tx, who provided us with a very good grill for this car.  I'll make sure to post some pics when it gets back from the body shop next week!  Thanks everyone for your help!!!
Dr. Patrick Hagerman
www.scotlea.com