News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird way too cheap. Anyone recognize??

Started by Nwcharger, February 09, 2014, 09:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nwcharger

1969 coronet wagon

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

Nwcharger

Quote from: 70Sbird on February 09, 2014, 09:50:45 PM
I Call BS

I agree. Sure would have been the best 30th birthday ever if it was true and I actually got a call back.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

472 R/T SE

Was it still for sale when you found it?

I was gonna say BS too when I seen the snow until I remembered we've been holed up in the house all weekend due to it.

A383Wing

has a little 68 Firebird next to it

ad was posted 3 hours ago....

Nwcharger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 09, 2014, 10:09:00 PM
Was it still for sale when you found it?

I was gonna say BS too when I seen the snow until I remembered we've been holed up in the house all weekend due to it.

Yea I emailed as soon as a seen it. Less than 30 minutes from the time the add posted. The snow is the only thing that makes me think its a recent pic. Really got me pumped. Just have to tell myself its not real. Can't be. Ill be pissed if I missed out on something like that so close to me.  :brickwall:
1969 coronet wagon

69charger2002

Ad has been updated and says sold. I find that hard to believe in an hour or 2 if it was real since there is no contact info, but I guess anything is possible. Talk about deal of the century if it was real! 
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1974dodgecharger

Indygenerallee

I believe it.. I have sold cars on CL within a hour before via E-mail only......
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Nwcharger

1969 coronet wagon

DAY CLONA

I Call BS

Same here, that's Tony and Delia Alosco's car, currently under restoration at Paul's Rods and Restos in NY, some scammer using an old pic to phish

Notice the date from when this pic was first posted.....the snow scene makes it look current, but this was years ago, Tony's Mother was the original owner, the car had sat for about 30 years in their NY yard

held1823

just an old plymouth. nothing to see here folks.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Nwcharger

See I knew someone would know of the car from the pic. Makes me feel tons better knowing I didn't miss out on that kind of deal. But one day I will own a real bird and hopefully green.
1969 coronet wagon

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

500Jon

Hi Aero Folks,

Reminds me of Tim Fennel's 'April Fool' joke done in England-1990 in the UK version of 'Exchange and Mart' magazine.
He advertised a 69 Charger with a strange front appendage for sale for £3000.
It blocked the telephone exchange in Essex, with calls from all over the World!!! :2thumbs:
He used a friends telephone number (landline) pre mobile days whilst he was on holiday.
It was big news and the story ran for years!!! :popcrn:
Friend was not amused when he found out :RantExplode:
We all thought we lucked into the big find.

Same year another of Tim's friends sold at a car-show here in UK a................
Petty-70 BLUEBIRD for also £5000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One story real the other a great LAUGH! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Keep looking Folks, they ain't all found YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
500Jon
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Tri-Poised

That car is in central Mass. and I know exactly where it is. It's been there since the 70s. New England winter after New England winter after New England winter. The only way the old man (who's name is not what was shown above) parted with this car was a result of his death, which I am unaware of. His son bought the car new, went off to nam, and did not return. Many have brought him huge sacks of money, and he will not part with it. He wouldn't sell it to Donald Trump. It is a memorial to his fallen son.  He let me look at it and film it in 1987. It's a v-code car and it's actually Alpine white, according to the inner fenders/firewall. It's a 4 speed too. That car has been returning to the earth for a very long time and may be unrestorable. The firebird has been there just as long!!

GOTWING

this was in one of the mopar magazines a few years ago, same picture. total BS . :RantExplode:

Tri-Poised

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 09, 2014, 11:04:26 PM
I Call BS

Same here, that's Tony and Delia Alosco's car, currently under restoration at Paul's Rods and Restos in NY, some scammer using an old pic to phish

Notice the date from when this pic was first posted.....the snow scene makes it look current, but this was years ago, Tony's Mother was the original owner, the car had sat for about 30 years in their NY yard

Here's the link to Tony and Delias car: http://paulsrestos.com/1970-superbird-restoration.php

Look at the pic of the nose, then look at the nose in the photos above.  Different rust patterns, black paint mask around headlights gone, dents are absent, etc.

GOTWING

the link above is the cars in barns car that was Mary's right, the one with the trunk lid open in the back yard.. :shruggy:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Tri-Poised on February 10, 2014, 10:50:53 AM
That car is in central Mass. and I know exactly where it is. It's been there since the 70s. New England winter after New England winter after New England winter. The only way the old man (who's name is not what was shown above) parted with this car was a result of his death, which I am unaware of. His son bought the car new, went off to nam, and did not return. Many have brought him huge sacks of money, and he will not part with it. He wouldn't sell it to Donald Trump. It is a memorial to his fallen son.  He let me look at it and film it in 1987. It's a v-code car and it's actually Alpine white, according to the inner fenders/firewall. It's a 4 speed too. That car has been returning to the earth for a very long time and may be unrestorable. The firebird has been there just as long!!

Your absolutely 100% correct! :icon_smile_big: I went and looked at pics of Tony A's car from the CarsnBarns collection...them Lime green birds all look the same! when they're rotters :icon_smile_big: Thanks for the correct poop on that ad

Mike