News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

65 Plymouth Valiant wipers won't park right, new motor or switch?

Started by WH23G3G, February 05, 2014, 11:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

So I replaced the seals on the wiper pivots on this 65 Valiant I had. I put everything back and whatever I do I can't seem to get the wipers to park in the down position only the vertical position. I at least got it to wipe in a reasonable up and down patter without going too far down or up after removing and reinstalling the arms. But no matter how many times I disassemble and reassemble everything and start over I can't get them to park in the down position. Is this suposse to be this hard or is there something wrong with the switch?

A383Wing

the park is in the wiper motor...either wiper cam is installed wrong, motor ain't grounded correctly, or somehow the park switch got broke inside.

is this a variable, single speed, or 2 speed motor?

WH23G3G

It's a variable speed underdash unit on the 65 Valiant I'm guessing Barracuda is the same too. It appears that the cam can only go on one way. I know the ground strap on the motor was broken and I soldered it back because I can't find replacement wiper motors for this year. It's different than the 3 speed on 73 Charger which has variable speed wipers.

A383Wing

I just sold my last variable "A" body wiper motor....had a few from 66 Darts I parted out...the "A" body motor is about half the size of the "B" body ones

If you find it's the switch, which I doubt, I have a few here from 66's...I think they are the same as 65's