News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Have you recovered 70 Charger seats?

Started by b5blue, February 03, 2014, 05:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Opinions on seat re-upholster suppliers needed for my 70 Charger's buckets and rear bench needed. What did you run into dealing with different vendors and what extra supplies did you need but not know about? (Listing wire/burlap and such?)

Ghoste

I still always point to Legendary first.  I don't recall needing any surprise items but its about 7 years ago now.

b5blue

Talked to them last nite. Listing and burlap extra charge, the burlap under foam I can see but listing is needed for covers. Just trying to sort out a parts/price list for later.  :shruggy:

Ghoste

I did my seats at a buddy's place as his wife has a furniture reupholstery business and she kind of supervised.  I honestly don't remember needing any extras like that but the fact that I was at her place would have meant she would have just handed things to me telling me "here you'll need this too".
My springs needed some repairs and she freebied what I needed for that so she well could have for the rest. :shruggy:
Sorry that isnt much help is it.

b5blue

Actually it is, one of my welder buddy's neighbor shops is upholstery and now I recall him highly recommending them so I'll go see him!  :2thumbs:

sanders7981

I mixed my parts and it worked for me...  I got PUI covers, then ordered a legendary rear seat install kit from local vendor to avoid the jacked up s/h charges Legendary has.  It came with a roll of 2" foam for the bottom bench seat, two rolls of cotton batting for the top, about 140" of listing wire (you will use all but about 10" on the rear seat), muslin, and 2" felt.  The odd thing is that They don't call for the felt to be used in the rear bench seats, so I assume it is meant for the front buckets or if you used the kit to install a front bench seat. The rear kit actually came with everything I needed to do mine, but they sell a front seat kit that has burlap, listing wire, and felt that is needed to keep the frame from rubbing through the cover.  Watch their video on youtube and you will get an idea what all you need and how it's used.  I also recommend getting the box of 500 hogrings... And pliers of you don't already have them. 

I bought kit #2.  See the link for the different kits available. 

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/public/files/Installation%20Kit%20Flier.pdf.

Hope that helps...

b5blue