News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1967 Charger "White Hat" Special Complete!

Started by gibber, January 31, 2014, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneCold

Quote from: Ghoste on March 14, 2014, 05:30:56 PM
Really?  Because mine is a White Hat Special and it has the woodgrain wheel.  Disc brakes too which aren't commonly seen.  IF only I had the space to give it a proper resto.

So possibly less than 50 cars with the wheel if the percentages carry over... nice..

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on March 14, 2014, 05:34:46 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on March 14, 2014, 04:10:00 PM
The "white hat" package included bumper guards front and rear.  This window sticker is from a Coronet... I'm making an assumption that Chargers are the same

Thats what I had always thought too and mine has front and rear guards but some other dude told me they were optional and not part of the package?  A Charger thing?  I don't know, I really don't.  Maybe Bryan or Jon or one of those guys know for sure?

bumper guards were optional, not included with the special....I got the booklet here somewhere...I'll dig it out and post what it included. The wood grain steering wheel was optional as well, as were the head rests.....

Bryan

TUFCAT

Here's some info I found from the Winged Warriors website: www.wwnboa.org/6667c.htm

"White Hat Special A" package included a black or white vinyl top, white sidewall tires, deep dish wheel covers, power steering and a console or center cushion and was priced at $133.30. The "White Hat Special Package B" included all of the items in Package A except for the vinyl top. It was priced at $88.15.

The woodgrain steering wheel must have been part of 1968/69 WHS Packages... :shruggy:

A383Wing

yea...what kitty said above....  :2thumbs:

on the 66 Chargers, the wood grain steering wheel was the only one available..in 67, it was an extra cost option.

Ghoste

I don't think it was ever inferred that the woodgrain wheel was part of the package.

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on March 15, 2014, 02:22:44 PM
I don't think it was ever inferred that the woodgrain wheel was part of the package.

I never inferred it was, I was relaying info that someone asked about whether the steering wheel was optional or standard

Ghoste

Mine came with dual exterior mirrors and Sure Grip as well, a nice selection of options overall IMHO.

gibber

Taking her on the first major road trip to Spring Fling in Van Nuys Ca on April 4th. I figured that with all the $$ and time and effort I've spent on putting her back in factory original shape, might as well enjoy driving it! Shall post some pics from the fling here.... :yesnod:

And thanks everyone for the kind words, very much appreciated...

Mark
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com