News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Windows 7

Started by Tilar, January 31, 2014, 04:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Some of you may remember a thread I started asking about op systems for a new computer. Well I ended up buying a dell XPS 8700 which was supposed to be a decent computer, and it may be... However I'm having problems with the mouse and Windows 7. I have installed Firefox and use it more than IE10, but I have the same issue with both browsers. Sometimes I cant click the red X to close the browser or the minimize button. When this happens I cant use the mouse for the chess game or nothing. I have a Logitech wireless mouse that I use, but it also does it with the mouse that came with the system.  I've ran the system file check utility and it found and fixed a couple issues but I still have the problem.

I've searched on the net and there seems to be a lot of people that have had the same problem but nobody seems to have a solution. Have any of you had this happen and have you fixed it?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Troy

The system is more than capable. Sounds like it may be an issue with the USB ports (specifically the USB 3.0 ports). Do you have the mouse plugged in to a port that is colored blue or black?
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19518759.aspx

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Tilar

lol, All the damn pages that I checked and nobody seemed to have a fix, I come here and you link right to the solution. I switched the port the mouse was plugged in to last night after I read this and so far everything seems to be working right.

Edit: Maybe I spoke too soon. It's been acting up a lot already today. I'm going to go through and disable things one at a time to see if I can pinpoint what the problem is.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.