News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

all chargers are junk except

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 30, 2014, 06:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

reply to my questions about lack of pics of it restored

No one said it was restored....we have 38 pics of the car....send me ur email addy and i'll send them to you    Heather

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

myk

Quote from: polywideblock on January 30, 2014, 10:41:13 PM
reply to my questions about lack of pics of it restored

No one said it was restored....we have 38 pics of the car....send me ur email addy and i'll send them to you    Heather

Hmm...Maybe I'll send her my email and request nude pics of herself; considering the b.s. nature of her auction she MUST be hot...

fy469rtse

When I first saw this I thought, oh someone started with a car as bad as mine.lol
Resto thread starting point junk, actually it's probably true , then most of us guys work on them and bring them back to life,

Ghoste

You think Obama and Pelosi are flipping Chargers now? 

plasticman-32

this car is junk and she says compared to other 68s that are junk????? the roof is gone as well as holes everywere
people get so despret for these cars they forget how hard and how much is is to repair i feel bad for the sucker that gets involved in this joke and as for the seller shes something else calling people who see a red flag a broke cretic!!!!!

ws23rt

Cars like this keep popping up and will continue to do so.  But one thing is a guarantee. They don't heal themselves.  The future is fewer of these and in worse condition.  The survivor type are fewer to start with and they decay as well.

For those that are waiting for the opportunity that can't be missed.---Make up your mind---beat them down on the price etc.

Tomorrow this car will be worse off unless and until someone stops the rust monster :eek2:

The day after tomorrow there will no longer be these cars and we will be left with what someone else has saved from the grim reaper.  :Twocents:

Forget the gamble part of the equation. We all know, and it has been said many times this hobby does not bring financial returns. A buyer in this hobby is an enthusiast that finds something to start with that fits a tight budget.

BTW It is good fun to try to identify the seller by the add.  Much is clear to most that read the add about the seller.  I for one get a kick out of the fact that the adds have been reread and accepted before submitted  :smilielol:

But that may politically incorrect to smile at someones handicap. OOps

1974dodgecharger

Well put, very few make a major buck we all take a loss though sometimes that one gem comes up that u buy from a old lady who does not a thing about the car and then sell it.

Quote from: ws23rt on January 31, 2014, 09:39:29 PM
Cars like this keep popping up and will continue to do so.  But one thing is a guarantee. They don't heal themselves.  The future is fewer of these and in worse condition.  The survivor type are fewer to start with and they decay as well.

For those that are waiting for the opportunity that can't be missed.---Make up your mind---beat them down on the price etc.

Tomorrow this car will be worse off unless and until someone stops the rust monster :eek2:

The day after tomorrow there will no longer be these cars and we will be left with what someone else has saved from the grim reaper.  :Twocents:

Forget the gamble part of the equation. We all know, and it has been said many times this hobby does not bring financial returns. A buyer in this hobby is an enthusiast that finds something to start with that fits a tight budget.

Davtona

Quote from: ws23rt on January 31, 2014, 09:39:29 PM

Cars like this keep popping up and will continue to do so. The future is fewer of these and in worse condition.  

:iagree:  While I'm not recomending this car to anyone at the asking price I agree with this post. The easy projects are safely tucked away by now and are not for sale or have been restored. They were bought up long ago for a price that at the time everybody thought was to much for that rough/rusty of a car. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say and those deals look pretty good in 2014 and whats available now looks terrible. But they aren't going to get any better as that is probably mostly whats left out there.  :Twocents:

MoparMotel

To me it looks like "Heather's" boyfriend Billy Joe Bob bought this car for $1,500 from under that tree where it has been sitting for the last 25 years and brought it home to his garage, disassembled it, had his buddy "rebuild" the engine for a $1,000 bucks and is trying to make a quick buck on it. Like most of you guys know it is not easy or cheap to restore these cars. I have a file folder in my office with all the receipts and invoices when my dad and I restored my '68 and it ain't cheap. I think those invoices in that file folder are probably somewhere close to $30,000, and that's not including the cost of the car, or that we did a lot of the work our self besides paint, body, and engine and transmission rebuild.

1968 Dodge Charger

1974dodgecharger

I would hate to look at a file folder for the expenses for these cars.  I just look at my biweekly budget and if i have enough i get what I need.

Mike DC

I don't think the overall situation has changed nearly as much as the dollar figures have.  Inflation is running up the numbers.  Cars that used to be $5k or $15k or $30k are still there, they just trade for $15k or $30k or $50k now.    

The bottom stuff has gone up more because these cars are nearing 50 years old.  Even a crappy old car cannot still exist anymore unless somebody cared enough about it to spend some money/effort preserving it over the years.  That affects the price.  

MoparMotel

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 31, 2014, 11:40:43 PM
I would hate to look at a file folder for the expenses for these cars.  I just look at my biweekly budget and if i have enough i get what I need.

That's a good way to do it, trust me you don't want too lol. I had a 69 R/T SE 440 console car that we restored to a mint General Lee in 2005 and sold it in 2007 because I didn't have a place to park it and didn't drive it...Have been getting "The Bug" to build another General Lee for a couple months now but hell I can save probably $20,000 by just buying one already done on eBay... Sad but true...that one cost about $44,500 to build, and I can buy a pretty clean one for $27-30 now.
1968 Dodge Charger

400sforever

ya that ad on ebay is a total scam. Ive filed 3 reports on that car to ebay. you guys should do the same to keep the scammers off of there. In about the middle of the listing page, off to the right there is a link that says report this item. That "Heather" is trying to charge guys $200 to just come look at the car. Hello!!
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

randy73

Quote from: NHCharger on January 30, 2014, 01:13:56 PM
The last statement in her description.

also as you may know,Mopar will have a car in next years Daytona 500, racing a car similar to what Richard Petty won all those races back in the day...thus creating a huge demand for these old Mopars and their prices are rising daily....we have a barn load of them in Alabama that our agent is going to next week,,,we have a list if your interested in them!"

A barn load in Alabama :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Yep they do, I have seen them. All rusting away and way over priced. The seller was a broker and not the owner of the cars, they know GM and the broker was a nice guy, owner was a dreamer. Had a 72 Cuda with holes all through the floor plan and told me the pan was solid.

5hunert

So take your pick of its current condition:

"...ours is a frame off restoration with the motor rebuilt"

"...all that needs to be done is put it all back together"

"...This car is not restored,...its been disassembled pc by pc...motor totally rebuild .."

"...No one said it was restored...."

All thats missing is the phrase "all the hard work is done."

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1974dodgecharger

She changed the frame off to unibody she is obviously learning about the charger, maybe by the 20th time she will get it perfect each listing and each question someone asks and gets corrected lol.

Ghoste

Looks like he dumped Heather and is doing Jill now.  Too bad, I really liked Heather.

cdr

Quote from: Ghoste on February 06, 2014, 09:34:21 AM
Looks like he dumped Heather and is doing Jill now.  Too bad, I really liked Heather.

:smilielol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

DadsCharger00

If thats the car in the background....did anyone else see the holes they'd cut into that car?!?!

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on February 06, 2014, 09:34:21 AM

Lmao, good catch  :rofl:

polywideblock

so now the shop run by a psycho can restore it for you  :yesnod:  wonder if heather is stored in the shop somewhere   :scratchchin:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 6spd68 on February 06, 2014, 11:15:37 AM
Has anyone called the #?

U can text her she responds believe it or not....i told her i was Steve her old boyfriend and get this she had a boyfriend named Steve so she asked me how i been etc.....

polywideblock