News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

after market steering wheel horn

Started by cowboy4x4n, January 28, 2014, 09:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy4x4n

guys,

just bought a grant 729 fx wood grained steering wheel and aftermarket horn button.  I bought the install kit 4313 which was fairly easy to install.  I have the one wire for the horn which when I ground it out sets the horn off.  I installed it onto the horn button center tab which grant recommended and no sound.  If I use the outer tab no sound until I put the horn button into the wheel itself then it grounds out and continuously sounds off. how do I correctly install the button and horn.  Im fairly certain the horn button wire is not a positive wire but a ground.

BIGBLCK11

I have a grant wheel that is a different setup, but the button assembly looks the same.  To clarify, when you tried the center tab, did you put the button in the wheel and try it?  If not, that should be the issue.  It needs to be in the wheel to complete the ground, when the outer ring is touching metal.  If it was in, then it could be another issue.  Mine is a 70 column, what car is this for?

cowboy4x4n

Yeah button was installed.  I found the issue I had o really mash that button for it to work.  Thanks for the reply it was for my 69