News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dukes of Hazzard marathon on CMT tomorrow!! 35th anniversary!!

Started by 69wannabe, January 25, 2014, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

CMT is doing a 35th anniversary marathon tomorrow. The pilot episode was aired on january 26th 1979. Enjoy Dukes fans!!!! ;D

JB400

Been watching them since they come back on tv.  About the only show worth watching.

69wannabe

That's for sure!!! It's still funny and entertaining after all these years! :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69wannabe on January 26, 2014, 02:44:06 PM
That's for sure!!! It's still funny and entertaining after all these years! :yesnod:

I still remember the next day at school after it aird the night before for the first time. I was in second grade and all of us boys in the class were all hopped up up about it.  Watched it every Friday night after that. Love the show. Don't care if its cheesy or any of that. It's just good entertainment.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Bobs69

I missed it!

Someone post here and let me know the next time the marathon it.  At the 40 year mark maybe?

69wannabe

It's on every night at 8 o clock on CMT. Check out their website for when it comes on in your time zone!!

chargerboy69

Have been catching a few episodes today.  It would be nice if they re-released the series on Blu Ray, though I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

JB400

It'd be nice if they'd put the whole series back out on dvd, let alone blueray.  I lost count as to how many times WalMart put out season 1.  I can order the whole set, but that comes at a very large price. :P

chargerboy69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 27, 2014, 12:50:42 AM
It'd be nice if they'd put the whole series back out on dvd, let alone blueray.  I lost count as to how many times WalMart put out season 1.  I can order the whole set, but that comes at a very large price. :P

If they release it on Blu Ray I will give you my sets.  :2thumbs:

Amazon or E-Bay are great places to fill in the gaps of your Dukes collection.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Cooter

Anybody catch themselves remembering exactly where and what they were doing when the episodes aired?
I do. Just for nothing more than the nostalgia.
Gotta be better than Honey Poo Poo.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

JB400

Quote from: chargerboy69 on January 27, 2014, 11:05:08 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 27, 2014, 12:50:42 AM

If they release it on Blu Ray I will give you my sets.  :2thumbs:

Amazon or E-Bay are great places to fill in the gaps of your Dukes collection.
Thank you much :cheers:

69wannabe

Quote from: Cooter on January 27, 2014, 09:19:30 PM
Anybody catch themselves remembering exactly where and what they were doing when the episodes aired?
I do. Just for nothing more than the nostalgia.
Gotta be better than Honey Poo Poo.

I remember me and my dad trying to figure out what we were gonna watch and the pilot episode was coming on and we had no idea what it was but nothing else was on and with the antenna we had ABC and CBS was all we could pick up and whatever was on ABC wasn't what he wanted to watch so we decided to try out this new show. I remember that I never moved until it went off!! I was hooked immediately and that's the way it was for the next few years!! :yesnod:

Ghoste

I remember thinking 69 Charger and Waylon Jennings, hmmm.

6pkrtse

I have been watching it probably way too much again since it came back on. Watched both Sunday Marathons now. Forgot how entertaining it can be. They don't have Family shows like this anymore. Its has something for everyone. Don't remember the real reason why I used to watch it as a kid. If it was because of Daisy or because of the Charger? Both are a thing of pure beauty......
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

projectanimal

Quote from: 6pkrtse on January 28, 2014, 08:18:52 AM
I have been watching it probably way too much again since it came back on. Forgot how entertaining it can be. They don't have Family shows like this anymore. Its has something for everyone. Don't remember the real reason why I used to watch it as a kid. If it was because of Daisy or because of the Charger? Both are a thing or pure beauty......

X2...  Love the show and have a better appreciation for it now.  Good to see that even though it is cheesy, it still holds a candle to most of the current shows of today.   Simple story lines with a Robin Hood feel.   Always focusing on family and helping out those in need. Of course seeing Daisy in HD doesn't hurt either!!   :2thumbs: :drool5:
northwest CT

6pkrtse

I laugh at some much of it. especially stuff Roscoe says & my kinds just all look at me & say "this show is stupid Dad". All three of them have no clue how cool things were back then.

JB400

I think you could say the same thing about some of the shows they watch as well.

Ghoste

6pkrtse

Watched it again last night. Then Christine was on and then Smokey And The Bandit. Didn't get much done last night that's for sure. Was glued to the t.v.

bill440rt

I remember playing outside as a kid after dinner (remember back when we were allowed to do that?), and telling my parents to let me know when it was 8:00 so I did NOT miss the show!
I was hooked after the first episode.

I have all the seasons on DVD, so I can watch them whenever I want. Sometimes my kids will watch with me, but yeah I think for the most part they don't fully "get it". Things were very different back then.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce