News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 or 69

Started by Steevgee, January 21, 2014, 09:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats a more popular/desirable year 68 or 69?

42 (45.7%)
50 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 92

A383Wing

HA...we did this a while back....had a voting poll on it as well....we had all years of the Charger included...when the '70 model year ended out in front and took the lead by a fair amount....the thread & poll got deleted for some reason.... 

:D

tan top

Quote from: A383Wing on January 22, 2014, 07:02:30 PM
HA...we did this a while back....had a voting poll on it as well....we had all years of the Charger included...when the '70 model year ended out in front and took the lead by a fair amount....the thread & poll got deleted for some reason.... 

:D

:o :lol: :scratchchin:

favourite  for me is a 69  :yesnod:  although if a had the dough , would have a 68 too :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

timmycharger

I wanted a 69 in the worst way, but "settled" :icon_smile_big: for my 68 over 16 years ago.. like the backs of the 69s better but like the interior and grille of the 68...

If money wasn't an object, Id have just about every year :2thumbs:

Ghoste

If it got deleted it wasn't because of results.

69wannabe

Quote from: jaak on January 21, 2014, 10:18:44 PM
The best improvement that Mopar (and I) did to a 68.......Removing those 4 yo-yo's from the tail panel.  :stirthepot: :nana:

Before.....

Improved....

Jason

X2!!!!!

myk

Quote from: timmycharger on January 22, 2014, 07:23:16 PM
I wanted a 69 in the worst way, but "settled" :icon_smile_big: for my 68 over 16 years ago.. like the backs of the 69s better but like the interior and grille of the 68...

If money wasn't an object, Id have just about every year :2thumbs:

For me, it was the other way; decided on a '68 but settled for the '69 because I was way too impatient...

Ghoste

And you've never looked back.  Right?

oldgold69

I like to 69  oh wrong thread :shruggy:  I had both they have their own special looks   hows  that for a politician

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on January 22, 2014, 08:37:31 PM

I've grown to realize all three cars are beautiful, that they're the same car anyway.  I don't really notice the grilles, tail lights, etc; it's the body and the shape of the '2nd Gen I've fallen in love with.  IMO nitpicking these cars based on their grills and tail lights is like evaluating Kate Upton for wearing different shoes and ear-rings; look at the face and the body on that girl!  The minor stylistic differences among the 2nd Gens don't mean a thing; I'll take my 2nd Gens and swimsuit models wearing whatever styling pieces they want, and I'll love them all till my time is up...

Ghoste

I like that analogy.  :yesnod: :drool5:

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on January 22, 2014, 09:10:40 PM
I like that analogy.  :yesnod: :drool5:

I know right?

OR

OR

Can any man in their right mind genuinely pick JUST ONE? 

Baldwinvette77

I sure as hell couldn't, my car is dressed like a 69 simply because those are what parts i found for it, i would have been happy with 68 or 70 parts also  :yesnod:... oh except for the tail panel, 68 tail panels without that chrome perimeter molding is just weird  :eek2:

69white hat

I also love all the gen 2's. But I sure love that split grill.  :coolgleamA:

69wannabe

Quote from: myk on January 22, 2014, 09:07:14 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 22, 2014, 08:37:31 PM

I've grown to realize all three cars are beautiful, that they're the same car anyway.  I don't really notice the grilles, tail lights, etc; it's the body and the shape of the '2nd Gen I've fallen in love with.  IMO nitpicking these cars based on their grills and tail lights is like evaluating Kate Upton for wearing different shoes and ear-rings; look at the face and the body on that girl!  The minor stylistic differences among the 2nd Gens don't mean a thing; I'll take my 2nd Gens and swimsuit models wearing whatever styling pieces they want, and I'll love them all till my time is up...

Thank you for the awesome Kate Upton pic's!!!!! I like the charger pic's too but the Kate Upton pic's really got my attention!!!! :drool5:

xs29bb1

I'm a '68 guy for sure.

I prefer the 68 tail lights, however I could see how one could/would prefer the 69 lights instead.....

However, I don't see how the following 2 items can be disputed: 

1.  The 68 seats are MUCH nicer..... the 69 seats have freakin' buttons in them - really what more needs to be said.   :nana:
2.  The console top of the 68 is chrome which goes nicely w/ the dash - the 69 has a fake woodgrain sticker, which is well, a fake woodgrain sticker. 

#1 I believe cannot be disputed.  For #2, fake woodgrain vs chrome?  Really??

Lastly of course there's the grill - I guess it's a personal preference thing, but come on - the 68 grill is King of the Charger grills!   :2thumbs:

I'm just being an ass  - I love both cars.  But I really, really, really don't like the 69 seats.....

Mopar Nut

Quote from: xs29bb1 on January 24, 2014, 12:58:18 AM
I'm a '68 guy for sure.

I prefer the 68 tail lights, however I could see how one could/would prefer the 69 lights instead.....

However, I don't see how the following 2 items can be disputed: 

1.  The 68 seats are MUCH nicer..... the 69 seats have freakin' buttons in them - really what more needs to be said.   :nana:
2.  The console top of the 68 is chrome which goes nicely w/ the dash - the 69 has a fake woodgrain sticker, which is well, a fake woodgrain sticker. 

#1 I believe cannot be disputed.  For #2, fake woodgrain vs chrome?  Really??

Lastly of course there's the grill - I guess it's a personal preference thing, but come on - the 68 grill is King of the Charger grills!   :2thumbs:

I'm just being an ass  - I love both cars.  But I really, really, really don't like the 69 seats.....
I agree with 1 and 2 but the 69's dash, tail lights, side markers, back up lights, rear stripe and split grill is much nicer.

A 69 Dodge Charger was used in the first Dukes of Hazzard car while 68 Chargers were converted into 69's.

The 69 is the most popular and recognizable car on the planet!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

JB400

Buttons aren't all that bad

69white hat

Can someone tell me the diff between a 68 and 69 door? I been kinda looking but I dont see it?

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 69white hat on January 24, 2014, 04:56:04 AM
Can someone tell me the diff between a 68 and 69 door? I been kinda looking but I dont see it?

its just the position of the interior lock knob, on 68 doors its at the very back, on 69 they moved it to the middle (sorta)

bakerhillpins

I own a 69 and would take either one.   :drool5: :2thumbs:

Quote from: bill440rt on January 21, 2014, 10:12:42 PM
The '69 might be more popular, but I DEFINITELY prefer the '68.

Which is kinda funny as IIRC you own a 69 and a 70.  :shruggy: :slap:

:icon_smile_wink:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bill440rt

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 24, 2014, 08:02:53 AM

AND a '68!  :yesnod:  :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bill440rt on January 24, 2014, 08:12:50 AM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 24, 2014, 08:02:53 AM

AND a '68!  :yesnod:  :lol:

I wasn't sure about that... oh well, it certainly doesn't get the press the other 2 seem to.  Why hide what you love? Is it like a moped?  :lol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Baldwinvette77

For some reason this whole discussion reminds of that Dr. suess book about people who prefer butter-side up toast going to war against people who prefer butter-side down  :scratchchin:

6spd68

In all honestly, I'll always prefer the 68 & 70 to the 69...  If I was to settle, I'd have a 69 with a 68 Grille.  The only issue with that is, to other Charger people, and myself, that would be all it was.  This would bother me.  Almost like driving a Ferrari kit car, only to a lesser extent.  It looks like a Ferrari, but deep down inside it's a Fiero.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Ghoste

I don't think its anywhere near that extreme.  It would still be a Charger and it wouldn't be deep down.