News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

That other great humbler

Started by Ghoste, January 20, 2014, 12:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

No, I don't mean the GTO.  All this talk lately about dyno numbers and how surprised people are when they strap their 750 hp mega beast onto the dyno reminded me of another good experience for scare sticker collectors- the drag strip.
How many times have you watched with smug satisfaction while some guy with the fastest car in the valley heads down the 1/4 mile for the first time only to be shocked when his car ran in the 15 or 16 second bracket?

1974dodgecharger

i see that with the ricers  ::) it was just bad and lasted for like 4 years with the first FandF came out all these civic owners put a CAI in there with a large fart can and say that they have a 13 sec car until they hit the track and see 17 secs of FURY  :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Hades guy here with "the fastest car in three counties". Sure he had the money in that hemi, but it just couldnt do nothin with an A body with a 440.

3 outta 3, crushed him. Thought dude was gonna cry. Just couldnt believe it.
typical 70 series tires, 1964 Plymouth, 3.54 gears, automatic, and way too much cam (sounded good though).
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Kern Dog

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 20, 2014, 09:07:54 PM
i see that with the ricers  ::) it was just bad and lasted for like 4 years with the first FandF came out all these civic owners put a CAI in there with a large fart can and say that they have a 13 sec car until they hit the track and see 17 secs of FURY  :icon_smile_big:

That stuff cracks me up. These nerds think that LOUD equals FAST. If I can beat them with my 5000 lb Ram truck, they are certainly not fast.