News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1/8 mile dragstrip in Conn.

Started by XS29L, January 19, 2014, 11:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L

Just read a story about an 1/8 strip to be built in Windham Conn.  Does anyone have any info on this. Hope it goes through the northeast needs more dragstrips .  The ones we have are fine but one in each state would be better.
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Ghoste

I just think its awesome anytime and anywhere nowadays when a dragstrip is opening isntead of packing it in.  :yesnod: :yesnod:

XS29L

More info at  HDRA.net    Now if we could get a dragstrip 1/8 or 1/4 in Vermont .
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

69 OUR/TEA

I'm from Ct,don't think I'd go,other than to watch,just my opinion,1/8 is a waste.As quick as you launch the car,its just about over.I like to feel the pull the whole way,ntm,have to get the car into high gear to see what is going on(boost/fuel press/knock/etc,on my Buick GN).Not gonna beat my car for just 1/8 mile. :rotz:

Highbanked Hauler

I don't race but In the eastern half of NC there are 3, 1/8 tracks that I have been to and no shortage of cars showing up to race. :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

80fbody

1/8" mile is better than no drag strip at all & that's where's CT's at. Mass won't pass one either. They would rather use the land for section 8 housing.

66FBCharger

I hope it happens! I'm not convinced that the locals would support a track being put "in their backyard".
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 80fbody on January 20, 2014, 03:41:24 PM
1/8" mile is better than no drag strip at all & that's where's CT's at. Mass won't pass one either. They would rather use the land for section 8 housing.

Back in the early 90's they tried to activate a track at or near the Orange airport in Orange Ma. but that got rapidly turned down.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

XS29L

The info I saw claims they will be running this summer. Do any of you folks in Ct. live near Windham, maybe you could sniff around and report back . 
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!