News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

another rear quarter window trim question

Started by Chargen69, January 18, 2014, 08:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

in all the searching i have done on the rear quarter window trim on a 69, I havent hit on something.

we understand how the quarter window's C shape piece hooks to the drip rail molding, but does it just butt up to the molding on top of the quarter panel, or is there a clip i am missing

thanks for any help.

Jonathan

sanders7981

There is no clip on mine, I just put it on there a few weeks ago.  I am not looking at it at the moment, but it think the drip rail trim clips over the corner piece trim. 

Chargen69

Yeah I am good with the drip rail trim clipping over the corner piece.  The question we have is how does that corner piece get hooked to the flat piece on the top of the quarter panel.

what am i missing?

sanders7981

Ohhhh... Yea, that has piece that slides under both the corner trim and the door trim.  I am not home to take a pic, but your best bet would probably be to get some 3m tape and secure it to the body. 

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Chargen69

Quote from: sanders7981 on January 21, 2014, 10:39:47 PM
Ohhhh... Yea, that has piece that slides under both the corner trim and the door trim.  I am not home to take a pic, but your best bet would probably be to get some 3m tape and secure it to the body. 

if you can get a pic that would be great.

bill440rt

Quote from: Patronus on January 21, 2014, 11:01:30 PM
I believe thats a simple slip joint.

Yes, there's a piece of metal that slides between the two that join them. Think Hot Wheels race track sections with the little connector pieces.  :lol:
Those belt moldings are pretty hard to take apart, I'm surprised to see it is missing. Maybe somebody has a junk piece of trim they can remove the connector from?  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Chargen69

thx man, mine is def missing those clips.  No surprise though with the hack job on the roof.  when we took it to a sand blaster, when they got to the roof they stopped and called us, whole roof had some thick epoxy stuff that they had used to fill in the swiss cheese holes, needless to say new roof now

Chargen69

BTW, did anybody notice the pearl in my paint?   :icon_smile_big:

sanders7981

Quote from: Chargen69 on January 24, 2014, 06:59:23 AM
BTW, did anybody notice the pearl in my paint?   :icon_smile_big:

Pearl.... Hell yeah!!!  I'd like to see an overall pic.  It looks like an awesome color!

Chargen69

lots of progress since this shoot, but we are not there yet.

electrical is almost done
drivetrain is almost 100%
headliner is done
all glass in except doors
doors, fenders hood and decklid need to be cleared cut buffed and hung

Chargen69

BTW where you see white in the paint(crushed white pearl), that is the sun's reflection, if you look at it without sunglasses, you see spots, BIG SPOTS in your vision

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

Chargen69

I probably got $2500 just in paint material

let's see
1 layer epoxy sealer
4 coats of sealer
4 coats of color with pearl
4 coats of clear

still need to clean those tailights :brickwall:

sanders7981

That looks killer!  I bet it really comes out in direct sunlight ,!!