News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'Gilligan's Island' Professor, actor Russell Johnson, dead at 89

Started by TruckDriver, January 17, 2014, 09:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

R.I.P. Russell ...

This is a very good read about him.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/16/showbiz/russell-johnson-obit/

Before becoming an actor, Johnson served in the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II. He was on a B-24 Liberator when it was shot down during a bombing raid over the Philippines in 1945, according to his official biography, and used his G.I. Bill benefits to pay for acting school after the war.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

LaOtto70Charger

RIP.  Was just watching Gilligan's Island on tvland last night.  The first episode.

Tilar

I think he was the last surviving male actor from Gilligan's Island.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

A383Wing

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: A383Wing on January 17, 2014, 01:22:23 PM
yea....only Ginger & Mary Ann are left now

Ginger died years ago & she now walks the earth as a zombie.

A383Wing

daytona71

Had the chance to meet with Dawn(Mary Ann) when she was up here last year. Quite the nice lady, still very active. She asked me where I grew up, said "Toronto area". She said that really loves Toronto.. Just watched an old Bonanza when she was a young Indian

Old Moparz

That was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

RIP Russel.  :'(

Just a note, there is a Gilligan's Island movie coming out this year. I'll probably go see it, hopefully it will be as good as the Three Stooges movie was.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TruckDriver

I still never saw the Three Stooges movie yet. You liked it?
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Moparz

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 17, 2014, 10:15:08 PM
I still never saw the Three Stooges movie yet. You liked it?

Yes, & I was planning to hate it like I hated the Little Rascals movie.  :lol: 

I think they did a great job recreating the Moe, Larry & Curly characters. The slap stick & the story were right on target of the original. Of course having Sophia Vergara in a movie will make it better automatically.  :icon_smile_big:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TruckDriver

Thanks Bob. I will add it to my movie want list along with the other 90 something already on it :lol:

But I'll get it then  :2thumbs:
PETE

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."