News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Torque.. Wheel vs flywheel

Started by RECHRGD, January 09, 2014, 06:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

War wagon

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 11, 2014, 03:58:57 PM
What is this group FAST and what is FB?

FAST= Factory Appearing Stock Tire
FB= Face Book

Ghoste

I thought the question was facetious?

XH29N0G

Quote from: War wagon on January 12, 2014, 08:31:39 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 11, 2014, 03:58:57 PM
What is this group FAST and what is FB?

FAST= Factory Appearing Stock Tire
FB= Face Book
Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2014, 10:40:54 AM
I thought the question was facetious?

I knew fast, but didn't figure out facebook    :eek2:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Cooter

FB is the only simi level playing field for those who disagree with the majority which may or may not be made up of low info, sheeple who don't wanna be on the opposite side.
That is until you get a bunch of these in one area on FB....then, it's just like a forum where you have cliques and whomever doesn't just blindly agree with the majority are bullied.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

So issues are only decided fairly when they are discussed in small groups?

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2014, 12:40:30 PM
So issues are only decided fairly when they are discussed in small groups?
See what I mean? Perfect example....FB iis NOT a small group. Neither is forum until its filled with a majority of low info idiots.
Things are far worse in smaller 'forum' groups....

So because the entire country thought it was a good idea for hope and change and only a small percentage thought it was ludacris, doesn't mean the majority is correct.
Just like when huge hp numbers are posted by the majority, that don't mean you should be ashamed about 300 RWHP in your old skool car with it's monster V8...it just means everybody with huge numbers aren't showing the full picture to low info idiots in order to gain the majority to make it harder for the well informed to attempt to post realistic hp numbers at the wheels.
See, whether on FB or a forum, if its one person disagreeing, they are an assh*le....but, when its 50 people, its a legitimate problem that needs attention.

Ever notice some will defend certain people/things even though they have been facked and proven wrong to death?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Quote from: Cooter on January 12, 2014, 12:31:41 PM
FB is the only simi level playing field for those who disagree with the majority which may or may not be made up of low info, sheeple who don't wanna be on the opposite side.
That is until you get a bunch of these in one area on FB....then, it's just like a forum where you have cliques and whomever doesn't just blindly agree with the majority are bullied.

You said, and I quote, "fb is the only semi level playing field for those who disagreee with the majority".  If you disagree with the majority, then it stands to reason you are part of the minority which by definition means a smaller group.  You then further indicated that the majority, by definition a larger group, may or may not be made up of uniformed peopled who don't want to disagree with the smaller group.  You then indicate that the small group will get bullied by the large group for not following them.
I'm sorry, but the only thing I am getting from your statement is that whenever there is a large group, they, again your words, form cliques, who then go on to push their agenda.  The last are my words but it is how I understand this. 
So now somehow my take on this means its a perfect example.  A perfect example of what?  You spoke of majorities who are uniformed and minorities who are apparently right but too scared to take on the majority.  You did not, and I never indicated that fb is a small group.  Further confusing me is the statement that a forum is not a small group until its filled with a majority of low info idiots.  Huh?  So its a big group until it has a majority of people who are uniformed?  Then what, it becomes a small group?
Cooter, I'm sorry but I have no idea what the hell you are trying to say here or how I am a perfect example of it.  If I am uniformed because I don't understand your point then so be it, but I have no freaking clue how I am an example of anything in this?  Am I part of the majority?  Am I bullying the minority?

Ghoste

And I'm NOT trying to be a dick btw, it's a sincere request to be led out of the fog.

Cooter

Ghoste, you can't see trees for looking at the forest.
FB is a huge 'forum' if you will, that has many different people who will disagree with the majority in a perticular thread..
Unlike a forum like say here, where as soon as you walk through the door talking things like
" so an import with a huge stupid wing and a goofy front nose is considered 'ricer'...yet, a RR or Charger done up with the very same thing is considered cool"
You get hammered by the small, same ole group of people.
Therefore, in smaller forums, you have those that will inevidably agree with by NOT speaking up, or simply asking questions for fear of offending the 'clique' people (majority in this example). Even though I have massive brothers that ride HD's, I have asked why they need to be so damn loud when I can't drive my car with loud pipes. Ever get the response like "Not with a ten foot pole"?
Why is it so taboo to get to the real reason HD's are so freakin loud? IMO, it has nothing to do with saving lives. That is on the rider. YOU need to ride defensively.... IMO, they like the loud pipes because they simply draw attention and no other vehicle is' allowed' to be that loud.

FB allows a more diverse group of people who will ask "wait, even though I may not like dude, he kinda has a point" and don't know or care if they offend the clique people. This is why every time FB is brought up here, it is shunned IMO.
The 'minority' you mentioned will not be the minority unless it is disagreed on a smaller forum as you won't gain support.
The majority sees one person disagreeing and they call that one out as a 'hater'. They see the playing field leveling by what was that one person becoming many, they still call THEM 'haters', but there is strength in numbers. You no longer have a minority or a majority. You have an equal number of people that disagree. Therefore, no one goes home "owned" as I believe its stated....

Cooter

If an equal number of people posted YouTube videos of REALISTIC dyno numbers, nobody would be forming threads asking
"300 hp at the wheels. Does this sound right for a 'built' 440????"
However, posts like these aren't regarded as popular, or attention getting. Even if they are real world and not some moron who blows his junk up just for a video.

Therefore, you have the 'majority' forming that 300 hp at the wheels means you f'd up somewhere.
The 'minority' [me] comes in and while not very popular, calls attention to things like
"How long will that small block make that kinda power?"
"How street legal is it?"
"How much money did that small block making 700 hp cost when a $3000.00 big block would made it and lasted longer?"

I have had responses like "so that's your excuse after a Caravan out runs your big block, is how much it costs??"
Well of course it is...compare real world results, not some $30k 4cyl. To a cheap big block. But low info, face value idiots always seem to be the 'majority' in these cases.

1974dodgecharger

Cooter

You know what I'm talkin bout....

Ghoste

I still like watching the FAST cars.

RECHRGD

Oh, and what were my torque numbers again?
13.53 @ 105.32

Ghoste

370 at the wheels with a couple of guesses on flywheel but no hard number as yet.

Cooter

Ghoste, clear out your pms bro. You do chat?

chargd72

Quote from: 69wannabe on January 09, 2014, 09:58:25 PM
Quote from: Cooter on January 09, 2014, 07:02:07 PM
Loose converters and tall tires mess with chassis dynos so bad I don't even worry with payin all that money to he let down.
Once hadda 440 in a customers Road runner. Dyno'd engine @512 hp...he puts it on a chassis dyno and calls me up raising hell because his "at the feet" numbers were only 390 hp.

My buddy spent a fortune building a blown 440 for his 68 charger. It was 30 over 7.5 to 1 compression pistions, steel factory crank, H beam rods, aftermarket main caps and studs, cast heads with oversize valves, a mopar 292 509 cam with the 114 CL and an 871 Dyers blower on it. He was expecting 1000hp and he took it and had it tuned and dyno'd and it turned 475 hp at the rear wheels at 8 pounds of boost! It ran good and was awesome looking on there but a good built 500 inch stroker runs bout the same in my opinion. The guy at the dyno said the torqueflight was a heavy duty tranny and takes alot away from the engine on a rear wheel dyno. I don't know how true this is but he told my buddy that if it was a manual tranny the numbers would have been better. :shruggy:

Running only 8 lbs of boost on a 7.5:1 engine will be a dog.  With that low of CR he needs to be running 20+ lbs.  You can't blame that on the tranny.   Those numbers don't surprise me.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Cooter

Huge difference between intercooled boost and roots blower boost. 20 psi through a roots blower would be like dhoving 600 degree air in the engine.

chargd72

Quote from: Cooter on January 14, 2014, 12:07:48 PM
Huge difference between intercooled boost and roots blower boost. 20 psi through a roots blower would be like dhoving 600 degree air in the engine.

I agree.  I was strictly commenting on the engine compression to boost ratio.  If he wanted to keep that blower and around 8 lbs, he needs a CR of 8.5+-.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

1974dodgecharger

I'm still waiting for more cash to put. 871 blower on my 383 with 5lbs of boost with 10.5 to 1 I just want it for the looks.