News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Direct drive starter ID

Started by ws23rt, January 04, 2014, 06:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

A couple of questions about the direct drive starter.
The only number I found on one I have is ---2842443  NF 4.  So is that enough to identify it's application/ year?

I have it initially as part to go with my 69 Hemi coronet. The car for now has a 70 alum. bell hsg. and a reduction gear starter.

Since it is unlikely that I will ever make the swap the other question is what do these sell for?  And should I keep it to go with the car?

On a closer look I found the number 2642445 on the barrel.

A383Wing

they are expensive and hard to find....if you really need the money, start out around $400-$500 for it..otherwise leave it with the engine

ws23rt

Quote from: A383Wing on January 04, 2014, 07:35:25 PM
they are expensive and hard to find....if you really need the money, start out around $400-$500 for it..otherwise leave it with the engine

Thanks for that---A few hundred bucks is not enough to move me to sell it separate from the car. :2thumbs:

Unless it belongs with a different year car.

John_Kunkel

At the moment this one has three watchers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/426-HEMI-4-SPEED-STARTER-RARE-CUDA-ROAD-RUNNER-GTX-DART-/111249352985?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e6fa6919&vxp=mtr

Anybody that wanted to use the starter to return to original would need the matching bellhousing, flywheel, etc. I'd sell it and pocket the cash.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

A383Wing

same nosecone number as in first post....