News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

roof rail weatherstrip

Started by el dub, January 01, 2014, 05:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

Got a few more questions for the experts on this site. On my metal roof rail, does the clip go under it, or on top of it. What size are the panhead screws that hold it to the body, #8 or #10.
Also want to know how the aftermarket rubber seal that fits in the metal rail has worked out for you guys. My original one is in good shape and looks a little different than the aftermarket one I have. The new one seams a little thicker at the seam where they joined the two pieces.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

jaak

Just going on my memory... I think it is #8 screws that are uses to attach the roof rail trim.
As far as the weatherstripping, mine fit fine, no issues at all (metro brand).  Now the door strips was a whole different story, they didn't fit well, and the doors wouldn't shut properly (too thick).   I wound up taking them off and ditching them. Still need to find some nice used originals, right now don't have any on my car (but it stays in the garage anyways, no biggie).

BTW, the clip you have pictured is for the lower windshield molding, not for roof rail molding.

Jason

el dub

Thanks Jason, I was just wondering if the clip for the windshield trim went under the end of the rubber for the roof rail, looks like it does.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

jaak

Quote from: el dub on January 03, 2014, 06:58:27 PM
Thanks Jason, I was just wondering if the clip for the windshield trim went under the end of the rubber for the roof rail, looks like it does.

Yes I believe it does go behind the rubber.

Jason