News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

console carpet

Started by tucknroll, December 29, 2013, 07:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucknroll

hey guys, I got new console carpet from classic industries for Christmas. I know the big piece goes on the left and a smaller piece goes on the right but there is a 3rd piece that I don't know where it goes. any help?

Hard Charger

on the back, underneath if I remember correctly.

tucknroll

moparnut

Got console carpet for my 69 frome legendary and was wondering the same thing. Any pictures of the third peice that installs on the back of the console?

bill440rt

How's this?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Tit for tat though tucknroll, you have to post brag pics when you get it all on.

tucknroll

another Christmas present question, I also got new seatback boards and was wondering how the original ones were stapled from the back without the staples coming through on the outside on the vinyl edges. I'm going to get a smart phone soon so I can post pictures.

myk

Thanks for bringing up this topic.  It didn't even occur to me to buy carpeting for my naked console.  What sort of glue do you use to attach the carpeting to the plastic? 
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

tucknroll

I'm not sure about the glue. I have not done it yet. just waiting to make sure I have all my facts right first.

68 RT

3M spray contact adheshive.  :2thumbs:

moparnut

Bill 440Rt ,thanks alot for posting the pictures of the console.Never even realized there was a gap back their. moparnut

myk

Quote from: 68 RT on December 31, 2013, 11:42:45 AM

Thank you!  Now to get the kit; believe it or not Year One is actually my cheaper option...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

bill440rt

Quote from: moparnut on December 31, 2013, 06:08:06 PM
Bill 440Rt ,thanks alot for posting the pictures of the console.Never even realized there was a gap back their. moparnut

:cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: 68 RT on December 31, 2013, 11:42:45 AM
I used the 3M spray #90 for the carpet. 3M #77 for items that needed less holding power. Always test an untested material being glued for reaction to adhesive first..... :2thumbs: