News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk divider

Started by RGA, December 25, 2013, 01:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGA

Do 69's have a trunk divider ? Are they just particle board like the package tray ? What's the best way to cut down noise from the back on a 69? Any pics ?

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

That sound deadening mat might help, under carpet and such. That, and a good set of mufflers  :Twocents:

Ghoste

There is a particle board divider that goes behind the rear seat there.

rave_12000

I think that there may be a divider jute.  sort of a shoddy material.  best way to cut down sound...rhinoline in and out of floors.  add dyno mat.  trunk divider with jute.  I put a huge sack of home furniture stuffing in the trunk and stuck up behind divider.  that sure helped deaden the dynamax ultraflows.  other than that...roll up windows and turn down hearing aid. lol

A383Wing

volume knob on the radio..that's what it's there for

RGA

I guess I need that divider (it's missing ) and some stuffing in between seat and divider sounds good. Most of the noise sounds like its coming from the trunk. I like the stereo volume comment though. I used to work at a car dealer and I would tell customers the same thing wehen they came in with weird rattles, didn't go over well. :rofl:

BrianShaughnessy

There's a cardboard divider to which one can glue the jute sound absorbing material that hangs off the hooks before installing the top of the rear seat.

After that... more sound deadening stuff on the floors and stuff.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

six-tee-nine

anyone have pictures of the piece?

Never found one in mine when I took it apart (not much of a reference since my interior was mostly gutted when I got the car).

I'm probably fabbing something myself a bit more durable with better sound proofing qualtity but I would like to copy the factory look from inside the trunk.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

rave_12000

http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/b-body-charger/parts/mb575.html

goes along with divider.

they also have accousta shield for the whole trunk

bill440rt

Quote from: six-tee-nine on December 26, 2013, 06:10:12 AM

Never found one in mine when I took it apart (not much of a reference since my interior was mostly gutted when I got the car).

I'm probably fabbing something myself a bit more durable with better sound proofing qualtity but I would like to copy the factory look from inside the trunk.

The jute padding was never part of the divider originally. It was just a fiberboard divider. Strictly an add-on offered by repro parts companies.
Here is what the divider looks like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-70-Mopar-B-Body-Trunk-Divider-PUI-New-/251382947185?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACharger&hash=item3a87975d71&vxp=mtr
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

johnnycharger

Here you go.  :cheers:

green69rt

You could probably go to Home Depot and buy a sheet of fiberboard and make one pretty easy then glue more insulation to it.  Might even be cheaper although we're not talking a lot of bucks here either way.

A383Wing

I put some 1/4" carpet pad behind the rear seat back on mine when I put it back in the car...made it a lot quieter in there

stripedelete

Quote from: bill440rt on December 26, 2013, 01:18:37 PM
Quote from: six-tee-nine on December 26, 2013, 06:10:12 AM

The jute padding was never part of the divider originally. It was just a fiberboard divider. Strictly an add-on offered by repro parts companies.
Here is what the divider looks like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-70-Mopar-B-Body-Trunk-Divider-PUI-New-/251382947185?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACharger&hash=item3a87975d71&vxp=mtr

Do you think they were available in 1984?   I pulled one out of my car that I didn't put in. :shruggy:

RGA

chargerkid01

What kind of glue do I need to use on the jute padding to glue it to the divider board?

Bronzedodge

I'd look for some spray glue at your local hardware store.  The 3M stuff at Home Depot is pretty good.  Use carefully and let it tack up for a few minutes, especially if you get a heavy spot.   :Twocents:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Super-77-16-75-fl-oz-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Adhesive-77-24/100067550
Mopar forever!

chargerkid01

Thanks, my grandmother and I was talking about using hot glue

Laowho

The trunk divider is a prime candidate for a sheet of MLV. Needs 3 things--vibration dampers, sound barriers, and sound absorbers-- and those go here
http://cascadeaudio.com/car_noise_control/car_application_guide.htm
Use this site as a template for making your own materials, too.

Dino

Hot glue works, but I'd go with something like 3M 77. It's just so easy to use, you'll be done in two minutes.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

chargerkid01

Definitely going with the 3M was just curious as to what options I had.